Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #4,276 of 7,306
Looking at the Mest MK11 as a possible upgrade so I have a few questions. I notice a lot of people upgrade the cable when I look at the description seems the cable sells for a third to the cost the Mest. Is it not a quality cable that’s included? Second is buying used vs new is the warranty transferable? Or would I be better off buying a used like new from musicteck, he has them listed at $2299.00 and since he accepts amazon payments I would get 5% back. If not what do you feel is a reasonable price for a used pair?

Most of the reviews seem good but rather check with members. It seems everyone that own them really enjoys them, any buyer remorse after buying? How’s the build quality of them in general. How well do they work for wide range of music taste and for someone that enjoys classic rock? The bone conduction is really interesting feature on paper how is it real life usage? I see some members upgrade to custom fit. If you go custom can you reuse your universal set inners or is it a complete new purchase?

Sorry about the amount of question it’s a lot of money to spend on a iem so want to research it as much as possible.
Just to be clear, the price is $1299, not $2299:
1634472743201.png

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #4,277 of 7,306
Just to be clear, the price is $1299, not $2299:
1634472743201.png
Opps that is correct not sure why I didn’t catch that before posting.
Talked to Andrew and really consider buying them. Comes in even cheaper by using amazon pay. He was kind enough to offer me a audition with them. There more than expensive than what I like to be spend, but if they sound
Great they will be my endgame. Since my upgrade budget is around a $1000 -$1200 I don’t think there anything better in this price bracket.

I have such a love/not-so-keen relationship with MEST MKII - there are times where I listen and I love it, others then completely underwhelmed. Maybe my DAP pairing isn't ideal, I have the Cayin N6ii-Ti inbound - hopefully that will inject a new sense of life into it for me. It has almost gone up on classifieds several times, only to be rescued by a 'one more chance' listen! I am listening now and enjoying anyway, currently via W2.

I see you are using the W2, any more details on it with the mest mk11 would be helpful before
I pull the trigger on the mest. Hoping the iPad Air 4 and W2 would be enough to drive the mest mk11.

I know a few of the mest owners started with the variations do you guys still use the variations or sell them?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #4,279 of 7,306
I thought the Evo was supposed to have less mid-bass than the LX OG? Is that true?
I might be getting confused lol, I've read so many threads lately :D
Dont think Evo has less midbass than LX. Its just a lot better quality. Speed control is superior.
It is Ultimate bass experience. The depths it reaches is insane. If not dor that midbass thickness it would be perfect lol.

But i also think my preferences are changing. I am no longer that hardcore besshead i used to be.

Mest II has that lovely clean subbass focused bass. And i can make it sufficient after some tip rolling.

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #4,280 of 7,306
So I've decide to try again the stock cable, because maybe I was wrong in choosing a different cable (I always question my choices based on other's experiences, never thought I have bat ears), but the result is the same. I much prefer the Xinhs Graphen 8 cores, better thickness (in lack of a different word, sorry I'm not english native, hope it's clear what I mean), better bass punch and extension in the sub-bass, more mids definition, more refined highs, better stage, better voices. maybe I'm deaf, don't know.
using DX300 D4, SednaEarfit light short M.

Oct 18, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #4,281 of 7,306
Hello everyone,
How was your day?
I hope you doing well today,

P_20210925_090242.jpg

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #4,282 of 7,306
Oct 18, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #4,283 of 7,306
Subjective question but how is the fit of th MKII? Does anyone has the IMR Rah or Halcyon for fit comparison?

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4,284 of 7,306
Subjective question but how is the fit of th MKII? Does anyone has the IMR Rah or Halcyon for fit comparison?
I think they are completely different. I've listened to several imr models and it is a dark solid sound with less detail.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #4,285 of 7,306
I see you are using the W2, any more details on it with the mest mk11 would be helpful before
I pull the trigger on the mest. Hoping the iPad Air 4 and W2 would be enough to drive the mest mk11.

Trying MEST MKII right now with the W2, sounds excellent - especially with techno which I'm listening to right now. I tend to use my Sony NW-WM1A mostly but I think the W2 might actually be better synergy.

Side note, testing with the AET07 tips tonight with excellent results. They are my top choice for two other IEMs previously, I suspect now with a 3rd.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #4,286 of 7,306
I think they are completely different. I've listened to several imr models and it is a dark solid sound with less detail.
I was referring the fit.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #4,287 of 7,306
I was referring the fit.
They both were tip sensitive for me.

Mest is a lot bigger but if you get tips right it will be much safer fit. They were sticking out for me a bit but i never lost seal.

Rah was smaller but, i think i had worse fit experience due to lack of tips in my collection beck then. I will find out again as Avalon is similar shell but bigger.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #4,289 of 7,306
They both were tip sensitive for me.

Mest is a lot bigger but if you get tips right it will be much safer fit. They were sticking out for me a bit but i never lost seal.

Rah was smaller but, i think i had worse fit experience due to lack of tips in my collection beck then. I will find out again as Avalon is similar shell but bigger.

Thanks. I don't have much problems with fitting the Rah. Avalon and Dark Matter shell are similar to Aten and Rah.

Regarding the Mest, I really want to try it but since they're bigger, I'm afraid they could stick out too much and ruin the fit/seal. The IEMs with best fit I own are the Lokahi and EDP which disappear from my ears but those are rather quite small.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #4,290 of 7,306
Spinfit double flange is my go to. They don't come off anymore.

Dire Straits "You and your Fried"
Double flange doesn't work for me, at least with IMRs. I usually go with Radius, Xelastec or Elecom tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back