Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 16, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #3,556 of 7,306
Happy new MEST MKII owner here :relaxed:
So far I'm enjoying these little gems with stock cable and stock silicone tips, have briefly tried the Xelastec provided, but the sound seemed to lose some bass weight. Am I doing something wrong? I have read that the Xelastec should be very good for these IEMs, but it seems (from this very early impression at least) that the silicone ones are better to my ears....
I'm using a DX300 (GL, D4), music mainly jazz and progressive rock / trip-hop
On first use I felt like it took 20-30 minutes with intermittent pushing to get the xelastec tips fully adjusted to my ear canals. Then another few minutes with each use to get the best fit. I also had to use the smallest size when I would normally use a medium or medium small tip to get the best seal. Keep playing with them!

Jul 16, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #3,557 of 7,306
On first use I felt like it took 20-30 minutes with intermittent pushing to get the xelastec tips fully adjusted to my ear canals. Then another few minutes with each use to get the best fit. I also had to use the smallest size when I would normally use a medium or medium small tip to get the best seal. Keep playing with them!
ok, will try again, thanks for the reply... and yes, me too used the smallest Xelastec, while I tipically use the M size.

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #3,559 of 7,306
I find MEST MKII can work well with lots of tips and I enjoy experimenting. Current choice is Azla Short Lights, very nice synergy.

20210716_165659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #3,561 of 7,306
Happy new MEST MKII owner here :relaxed:
So far I'm enjoying these little gems with stock cable and stock silicone tips, have briefly tried the Xelastec provided, but the sound seemed to lose some bass weight. Am I doing something wrong? I have read that the Xelastec should be very good for these IEMs, but it seems (from this very early impression at least) that the silicone ones are better to my ears....
I'm using a DX300 (GL, D4), music mainly jazz and progressive rock / trip-hop

My trick was to use the deepest insertion possible with the smallest XELASTEC tip.

Also, DX300 is a beast of a DAP, should be perfect for the MESt MKii!

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #3,562 of 7,306
At musictreck being $999, the Mest mk1 is a compelling purchase. I had this mk1 for a while, where i am listening side by side with sony ier-z1r. The mest is comfortable and packs huge dynamics. tho, z1r slams and impacts a lot deeper and better, the comfort with mest mk1 is outstanding. it seals well, it slams well. i hope to hear the mk2 soon. My review with UM mest mk1 will be dropping very soon. Thanks, @UniqueMelody for producing awesome iems.
IMG_1093headfi.jpg

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #3,563 of 7,306
Hello,
Anyone here use the Mest Mk2 + Stock cable as a daily drive ?

I'm worried about the durability of the stock cable, if it's became stiff and not flexible anymore after a few months,

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #3,564 of 7,306
Hello,
Anyone here use the Mest Mk2 + Stock cable as a daily drive ?

I'm worried about the durability of the stock cable, if it's became stiff and not flexible anymore after a few months,
I do, and I've not noticed any issues with the cable in the months that I've owned it thus far :)
I'd speculate that the fact that it has that opaque black sheathing might mean it's a different material which is less vulnerable to the UV-induced stiffening that is a risk with many cables?

Jul 22, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #3,565 of 7,306
I find MEST MKII can work well with lots of tips and I enjoy experimenting. Current choice is Azla Short Lights, very nice synergy.

20210716_165659.jpg
I enjoy the Azla short lights also. I enjoy the xelastec too though. I think ppl give up on the xelastec before they really get the right fit. They take some work.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #3,566 of 7,306
I enjoy the Azla short lights also. I enjoy the xelastec too though. I think ppl give up on the xelastec before they really get the right fit. They take some work.

I've since moved to Spiral Dot++ and they are also fantastic.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #3,567 of 7,306
I've since moved to Spiral Dot++ and they are also fantastic.
Im going to try those too. I have been hearing a lot about them. How do they run? Are they true to size?

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #3,568 of 7,306
Im going to try those too. I have been hearing a lot about them. How do they run? Are they true to size?

I found for MEST ML is perfect which is 13mm - I would often be L on other IEMs.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #3,569 of 7,306
Here is a comparison chart of how Spiral Dots++ run against the Azla.
I can also say that Spiral Dots++ were the most comfortable tips when I had the Mest Mk2. So soft and comfortable yet provide good seal.

1627051515002.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back