Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Apr 30, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #3,226 of 7,320
I have just demoed the original MEST at a local shop and found that the difference between changing eartips (see pics) was much more than I have experienced on any other IEM before. The sound went from pleasing and clear to too bright and harsh to collapsing the soundstage and losing a lot of what made it special in the first place.
So now I'm confused since I wanted to buy the custom version and I know that it will sound different than the universal, but what will it sound like?
Have UM tuned the MK2 Custom to sound like the universal with the Xelastic tips or the black silicone with blue inner core or the Comply foams?
Has anyone heard both and comment on what I'm likely to get with the custom version.
If you have any information about how the custom MK2 or MK1 will sound it would help me with my buying decision greatly.
Thanks
It’s interesting if we added up all the posts about this tip subject on this thread I bet it would be over half of them, since the very beginning.

I am using silicon shorts, and tried a couple different makers of that type and had good success with all. This is a very user specific choice and the night and day difference makes tip rolling mandatory if you want to own a MEST universal.

Never tried a custom, anything, so no idea, some have commented they like the sound from the universal version better.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #3,227 of 7,320
Wow you have crazy a collection. I'd be curious to know how you think they compare with the Empire Ears (especially Odin and Legend X) and the Vision Ears iems.
For sure. I will do some comparing and share findings :)
Glad you're liking them. Hope you enjoy some anjuna records on them :wink:!
Oh absolutely! Anjuna tracks make up probably 90% of my listening time 😂

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #3,228 of 7,320
My video about Mk 2

Good video. I always enjoy your reviews. I also like the metal music you use. Dream Theater is my favorite band growing up here on Long Island and taking some lessons from John Petrucci when I was younger. Now I have to listen to Scenes From A Memory with my MKII's LOL

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,229 of 7,320
I have just demoed the original MEST at a local shop and found that the difference between changing eartips (see pics) was much more than I have experienced on any other IEM before. The sound went from pleasing and clear to too bright and harsh to collapsing the soundstage and losing a lot of what made it special in the first place.
So now I'm confused since I wanted to buy the custom version and I know that it will sound different than the universal, but what will it sound like?
Have UM tuned the MK2 Custom to sound like the universal with the Xelastic tips or the black silicone with blue inner core or the Comply foams?
Has anyone heard both and comment on what I'm likely to get with the custom version.
If you have any information about how the custom MK2 or MK1 will sound it would help me with my buying decision greatly.
Thanks

Original Mest sounds best with Final Audio Etips, it fills out (solidifies) the lower mids/vocals; it's the best recommendation I've received from OG owners on this thread. A must!

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #3,230 of 7,320
Original Mest sounds best with Final Audio Etips, it fills out (solidifies) the lower mids/vocals; it's the best recommendation I've received from OG owners on this thread. A must!
Agreed. I also swapped out the cable on the OG recently with this one. Improved the clarity while also keeping the treble under control. Warm but detailed. The OG cable is stiff and muddy to me. Only reason it gets people’s attention is because they overcharge for it separately.

US $54.00 64% Off | KBEAR 4 Core 5N UPOCC Singel Crystal Copper Litz 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm/QDC 2Pin For ZSX C12 KXXS ZSN Pro BLON BL-03 BL-05
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNyYUjL

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,231 of 7,320
May 1, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #3,232 of 7,320
Agree.

May 1, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #3,233 of 7,320
For sure. I will do some comparing and share findings :)

Oh absolutely! Anjuna tracks make up probably 90% of my listening time 😂
I didn't realize you had the Trallili too. If you don't mind, I would love to hear thoughts on that too... lol i know im asking alot haha You have everything

May 1, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #3,234 of 7,320
I didn't realize you had the Trallili too. If you don't mind, I would love to hear thoughts on that too... lol i know im asking alot haha You have everything
Sure no problem :) it’s no trouble. Comparing IEMs is a lot of fun for me :D

May 1, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #3,236 of 7,320
Sure no problem :) it’s no trouble. Comparing IEMs is a lot of fun for me :D
I request some comparison,
Bass vs Odin
Mid vs Elysium
Treble vs Traillii

May 1, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #3,238 of 7,320
After trying various tips with the MEST OG, I'm kinda settling on the silicone tips that came with the Z1R. Very comfortable, deep bass without compromising treble detail. Definitely worth a try if you have both the MEST and Z1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back