Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Aug 26, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #436 of 7,306
I just jumped off my shortbus and ordered a MEST.
Reading through the thread, I REALLY hope I can get a good fit with the universal because if not.. Sadeyes.
Can’t wait to find out what you think of it, especially compared to the EJ07.

Aug 26, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #437 of 7,306
Dude. The hype on this one is absolutely BONKERS. How is it that every reviewer out there is loves this IEM?! There has to be some kind of brain worm that leaks out of the MEST.

Suffice to say, review coming up real soon. I did 3 day shipping.. so maybe next week some time. This week if the stars align.

Wonder what we shall call this hype train.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #438 of 7,306
Dude. The hype on this one is absolutely BONKERS. How is it that every reviewer out there is loves this IEM?! There has to be some kind of brain worm that leaks out of the MEST.

Suffice to say, review coming up real soon. I did 3 day shipping.. so maybe next week some time. This week if the stars align.

They should’ve named it the NEST, as in that brain worm sets up a nest in your head. I need to get on Discord.

Aug 26, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #440 of 7,306
MEST IS BEST?

seems to be sticking
Here’s what came to my mind (I still have younger ones at home.).

54F43240-C969-48BC-97E3-EA37D954E734.jpeg

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #441 of 7,306

Not sure if you can call it a hype train considering these IEMs came out 6 months ago. If anything, most of us who have had & enjoyed the MEST for some time now have wondered about the lack of "hype" surrounding the MEST.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #442 of 7,306
Hype seems to be pretty quiet. I don't see it mentioned much outside of this thread. Day 3 with it and I still love it.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #443 of 7,306
This thread always seems quiet and far from hype train. 3 months for me now and it's my favorite along side Z1R. Recently compared with Dunu Luna and I much preferred the timbre of MEST over Luna.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #444 of 7,306
Aug 26, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #445 of 7,306
This thread always seems quiet and far from hype train. 3 months for me now and it's my favorite along side Z1R. Recently compared with Dunu Luna and I much preferred the timbre of MEST over Luna.
How does the MEST compare to the IER-Z1R?

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #447 of 7,306
How does the MEST compare to the IER-Z1R?

Z1R has an enveloping sound with slow but big subbass. I would call it a "wet" sound relative to MEST. When I want a smooth listening with wide soundstage, Z1R is the one to go. MEST is a drier, punchier, lively all-rounder. I think MEST has a better timbre than Z1R. Z1R mids can sound plasticy, MEST less so.

For reference, I mostly listen to jazz, classical, hard rock, jpop, and not into thumping bass :) I tend to value timbre accuracy and balance.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #448 of 7,306
I just jumped off my shortbus and ordered a MEST.
Reading through the thread, I REALLY hope I can get a good fit with the universal because if not.. Sadeyes.
sad red eyes eh? hope not.

The hype train is mostly on Discord and another forum. I may have contributed to some of it, but the folks in Singapore got their hands on a personal unit and most seem to really enjoy it and its gained a bit more traction along with BGGAR's review on Youtube.

Our little independent team of overly nitpicky iem snobs (@toranku , @OverlordRush, myself and Leneo (who i dont know if he has a headfi account) did a podcast around the MEST last week as well:

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #449 of 7,306
That is a freakin massive difference in tonality. I prefer the JP graph which prolly means I wont like the one I ordered. Oh well.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #450 of 7,306
I tried the Mini Mest yesterday and concluded that it is an extremely easy IEM to listen to. It was the universal version and I swear I could feel tingling around my ear. The only thing that didn't persuade me was after about a 30 mins listening session it started to sound a bit "harman" to me and not distinctive enough. It's on sale here in HK for around US550, so not a bad deal of you like smooth, easy listening with a bit of elevated bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back