Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #781 of 7,306
I wasn't sure what to expect with the MEST. I was going to buy some Andromedas but after a bit of research I figured these would be more to my liking. I've only had them a couple of days but I am smitten, the sound is spectacular. I'm no audiophile just a person who likes good sound..and these have it.
I tried them first with an Fiio m6 and was meh good but wtv. I then added an ifi nano black and that kicked them up a notch but I still wasn't wowed. I then tried them with my Fiio M11 Pro and there it was! The sound came alive, shimmering treble, deep powerful bass, beautiful mids, and I was off listening to my favourite music again for the first time. I have fairly eclectic tastes Classic rock, Pop, Jazz, House, reggae, bit of classical. So far I haven't heard anything that I don't love through the MEST. You do have to experiment with the tips though as the sound signature seems to change depending on your choice.
If you're on the fence just buy it, worth every penny and that sound will have you smiling. I have to thank Andrew from Musicteck who gave me his honest opinion of this set and had them sent out immediately (got them in two days). Not sure what ill get next, I'm thinking the Andromedas now might disappoint me. Perhaps the customs......
If you love the Universals you may not want to consider the customs. I think the CIEM tones down on the high end. It gives it a better treble extension while retaining the sparkle and airiness. However due to the high end being smoothed out, it can appear slightly warmer.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #782 of 7,306
Just use this nice adapter.
Cheaper on ebay but takes a couple of weeks for shipping.
Andrew threw in a Hiby 2.5 to 4.4 adapter for me and I've been using that. Got an Eletech cable coming so that would resolve the issue as well. The stock is a bit thick and chonky for my usage.

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #785 of 7,306
Just recibe the Xelastec and I like it a lot , looking forward to put tbem in the Mest !!!
Can you comment as to the "stickiness" of the material...is that irritating to ear canal or subtle?

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #786 of 7,306
Can you comment as to the "stickiness" of the material...is that irritating to ear canal or subtle?
Xelastic tips are really tacky, but not at all irritating. They conform with body heat, and form a very comfortable tight seal. You need to wash them to clean them, or use an alcohol wipe.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #789 of 7,306
I see where Crinnacle got the Unique melody Mest. I never saw where he gave it a over all score?
It's just an unboxing post. You're gonna have to wait for the cliffnotes

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #792 of 7,306
Just received the Canadian Tour MEST!!
Can’t wait to try them out later tonight! (Unfortunately I’m on the way to work now, and I can’t have a quick listen...sobs)
Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of something amazing!
860E6F7F-D0FD-4C51-B79C-C7756B3C873B.jpeg

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #793 of 7,306
Just received the Canadian Tour MEST!!
Can’t wait to try them out later tonight! (Unfortunately I’m on the way to work now, and I can’t have a quick listen...sobs)
Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of something amazing!
860E6F7F-D0FD-4C51-B79C-C7756B3C873B.jpeg
Are you Vancouver based?

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #794 of 7,306

Users who are viewing this thread

Back