Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 23, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #767 of 7,306
Sep 23, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #768 of 7,306
I wasn't sure what to expect with the MEST. I was going to buy some Andromedas but after a bit of research I figured these would be more to my liking. I've only had them a couple of days but I am smitten, the sound is spectacular. I'm no audiophile just a person who likes good sound..and these have it.
I tried them first with an Fiio m6 and was meh good but wtv. I then added an ifi nano black and that kicked them up a notch but I still wasn't wowed. I then tried them with my Fiio M11 Pro and there it was! The sound came alive, shimmering treble, deep powerful bass, beautiful mids, and I was off listening to my favourite music again for the first time. I have fairly eclectic tastes Classic rock, Pop, Jazz, House, reggae, bit of classical. So far I haven't heard anything that I don't love through the MEST. You do have to experiment with the tips though as the sound signature seems to change depending on your choice.
If you're on the fence just buy it, worth every penny and that sound will have you smiling. I have to thank Andrew from Musicteck who gave me his honest opinion of this set and had them sent out immediately (got them in two days). Not sure what ill get next, I'm thinking the Andromedas now might disappoint me. Perhaps the customs......

Sep 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #769 of 7,306
I wasn't sure what to expect with the MEST. I was going to buy some Andromedas but after a bit of research I figured these would be more to my liking. I've only had them a couple of days but I am smitten, the sound is spectacular. I'm no audiophile just a person who likes good sound..and these have it.
I tried them first with an Fiio m6 and was meh good but wtv. I then added an ifi nano black and that kicked them up a notch but I still wasn't wowed. I then tried them with my Fiio M11 Pro and there it was! The sound came alive, shimmering treble, deep powerful bass, beautiful mids, and I was off listening to my favourite music again for the first time. I have fairly eclectic tastes Classic rock, Pop, Jazz, House, reggae, bit of classical. So far I haven't heard anything that I don't love through the MEST. You do have to experiment with the tips though as the sound signature seems to change depending on your choice.
If you're on the fence just buy it, worth every penny and that sound will have you smiling. I have to thank Andrew from Musicteck who gave me his honest opinion of this set and had them sent out immediately (got them in two days). Not sure what ill get next, I'm thinking the Andromedas now might disappoint me. Perhaps the customs......
...the MEST has such a stark, black background it can retrieve precise details from a wide range of genres, it's esp. impressive with percussion and complements symphonic music very well, drawing out minute details from instruments, uncanny...)

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #770 of 7,306
For me Mest is a piece of crap but maybe mine is faulty , I send it to the seller for a replacement so when I have the new one I can confirm if it is as good as the reviews said or if it is a crap
Oh dear what happened to your set?

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #771 of 7,306
Sep 23, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #773 of 7,306
Oh dear what happened to your set?
I dont know just sound awfull , like the cheap ones they gave you for free in airplanes or trains but worse
I cant stand mote than 10 minutes !! I told the and he ask me to send them back , now I am waiting replament , it just can be that bad
I have other iem and headphone and like them and bought tbem folllowing the same youtubers
In discord some told me tbey have to be defective when I was very angry , so I ask for replacement , the seller give awesome customer service !!!
so now I have to waitTo know if it was a faulty one or this Mest thing is Just an awfull overpriced iem !

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #774 of 7,306
I dont know just sound awfull , like the cheap ones they gave you for free in airplanes or trains but worse
I cant stand mote than 10 minutes !! I told the and he ask me to send them back , now I am waiting replament , it just can be that bad
I have other iem and headphone and like them and bought tbem folllowing the same youtubers
In discord some told me tbey have to be defective when I was very angry , so I ask for replacement , the seller give awesome customer service !!!
so now I have to waitTo know if it was a faulty one or this Mest thing is Just an awfull overpriced iem !
...you need to tip roll, try the Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #775 of 7,306
...you need to tip roll, try the Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC
I tried 22 pairs of tips !!! 🙉🙉🙉and the Xelastec I hope arrive home tomorrow !!! I have tinitus maybe tbe bone conductor is incompatibile ! I have to call to my doctor but he is out for Covid next week he returns !!
Thanks for advice !!! I hope it was a faulty one and I fall In love with the new ones !!!

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #776 of 7,306
Please let us know as others, myself included, have tinnitus and it would be good to know if bone conduction is a "no go" for those of us who do.

Thanks, and good luck resolving this "MEST-mess"...hope it was just a defective set.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #777 of 7,306
Please let us know as others, myself included, have tinnitus and it would be good to know if bone conduction is a "no go" for those of us who do.

Thanks, and good luck resolving this "MEST-mess"...hope it was just a defective set.
Ancedotally, the BCD hasn't triggered my tinnitus. Thought admittedly mine is triggered more by stress or bouts of insomnia.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #778 of 7,306
The IEM can scratch the DAP, tho, no?
I keep the iem's within their own small cases, change the cases if they are metal or otherwise would scratch anything. My DAP's always have screen savers and cases. Never had any problems.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #780 of 7,306
@UniqueMelody

When I ordered my MEST from Musicteck, Andrew had indicated that the stock cable in 4.4 was no longer being made and so I ordered it with 2,5 mm. Is there a way to get it in 4.4 still or would I have to find someone to reterminate it?

Just use this nice adapter.
Cheaper on ebay but takes a couple of weeks for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back