Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jan 5, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #6,151 of 7,350
where can you find them? I looked on google and could only find the TWS00 also
I got the TW00 from amazon. The bore size is plenty big for me though.

Attachments

• IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #6,152 of 7,350
A little personal experience for me as I wanted to send back my mest the first couple of days but glad I didn’t. I started with the included silicon tips, but then moved to the MS size included Azla. The Azla brightened the sound and improved depth, but still felt a bit large and I had to push them into my ear pretty hard. The included SS tip was too small and thinned the sound. For me burn in was real, mid bass came out more after day three and treble smoothed out some time after that.
Si
So I bought the S size Azla and am trying them this morning and the fit is Goldilocks and comfortable and sounds great. Fortunately I could make an educated guess based on the included Azla size ranges of M, MS, and SS.

My point is the brand and make of tip can be right but included sizes may not be.
I did the same thing AZLA XELASTEC except size I needed was large. Keep seeing them recommended so bought a set in the right size. My only issue is they don’t last long and go through a pair every 4 to 6 weeks. The Softears Liquid Silicone Ear Tips are similar to the XELASTEC except last longer.
I got the TW00 from amazon. The bore size is plenty big for me though.
Awesome nice to know they fit on the Mest MKII.

Jan 7, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #6,153 of 7,350
MEST MK2 have opened up a bit after about 50 hours of burn in. Definitely sounds better than straight out of the box. I still think I prefer the IER-Z1R…they feel like home.

Debating selling the MK2 and some other things to try out the Indigo…still burning in and trying different tips in the meantime. Way worth it over the MEST MK2?

Jan 7, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #6,154 of 7,350
Debating selling the MK2 and some other things to try out the Indigo…still burning in and trying different tips in the meantime. Way worth it over the MEST MK2?
As much as I love the MEXT, I still have an unsatisfied itch to grab a MEST 2 - but have told myself no more upgrades unless I jump to Trailli or Indigo. I'd also like to hear comments about how big a jump the Indigo is over the Mest MKii.

Jan 7, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #6,155 of 7,350
As much as I love the MEXT, I still have a unsatisfied itch to grab a MEST 2 - but have told myself no more upgrades unless I jump to Trailli or Indigo. I'd also like to hear comments about how big a jump the Indigo is over the Mest MKii.
I think these 2 reviews comparison of two is helpful and agree with most of his points. Also the Mest MKII $899.00 sales price an incredible deal, I imagine we will see Valentimes deal from musicteck on them.

https://twister6.com/2021/11/25/unique-melody-um-mest-indigo/

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #6,156 of 7,350
I think these 2 reviews comparison of two is helpful and agree with most of his points. Also the Mest MKII $899.00 sales price an incredible deal, I imagine we will see Valentimes deal from musicteck on them.

https://twister6.com/2021/11/25/unique-melody-um-mest-indigo/

As much as I love the MEXT, I still have a unsatisfied itch to grab a MEST 2 - but have told myself no more upgrades unless I jump to Trailli or Indigo. I'd also like to hear comments about how big a jump the Indigo is over the Mest MKii.
I loved the Mest 2 profoundly and for many they are endgame.

I was too tempted with a deal I saw on indigo and yes they satisfied every itch I had with Mest 2. Greater mid bass, EST highs add more sparkle. Separation incredible where all tracks no longer sound congested in any way. Anyway it’s probably wise to try the Mest 2 on their offer price as Ufanco says. It’s too much of a bargain to miss out on (and there’s 2 used going for roughly the same price or more!). Both are great choices so just embrace and enjoy

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #6,157 of 7,350
I loved the Mest 2 profoundly and for many they are endgame.

I was too tempted with a deal I saw on indigo and yes they satisfied every itch I had with Mest 2. Greater mid bass, EST highs add more sparkle. Separation incredible where all tracks no longer sound congested in any way. Anyway it’s probably wise to try the Mest 2 on their offer price as Ufanco says. It’s too much of a bargain to miss out on (and there’s 2 used going for roughly the same price or more!). Both are great choices so just embrace and enjoy
Suppose Indigo, EE Odin, and Vision Ears Ext meet in an alley. Who emerges victorious? :)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #6,158 of 7,350
MEST MK2 have opened up a bit after about 50 hours of burn in. Definitely sounds better than straight out of the box. I still think I prefer the IER-Z1R…they feel like home.

You had me curious so I pulled up this comparison online. I could see where the Sony would have some advantages in the mids…. Did you figure out the tips with the Mest2?

3EC89D19-A8DC-4678-8401-4D8C698E8ACD.png

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #6,159 of 7,350
I have a few high dollar fountain pens that I haven't used in a while (Pilot 832 Custom, Pelikan M800, and Visconti Homo sapiens Dark Ages). I’m thinking of selling them to get the Indigo. you guys are making it hard to resist...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #6,160 of 7,350
Suppose Indigo, EE Odin, and Vision Ears Ext meet in an alley. Who emerges victorious? :)
I have only heard the EXT and I loved them. sounded so realistic and the bass was great.
Did you figure out the tips with the Mest2?
not yet. waiting on the moondrop spring tips to show up. so far the azla have sounded best, but my ears progressively push them out. it might be that I only have S M L and I need a MS or ML. as soon as I find something I love, ill def post it here.

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #6,161 of 7,350
I have a few high dollar fountain pens that I haven't used in a while (Pilot 832 Custom, Pelikan M800, and Visconti Homo sapiens Dark Ages). I’m thinking of selling them to get the Indigo. you guys are making it hard to resist...
This blog is nothing but temptation. And I always smile when I see the phrase “end game”. Usually that end game is temporary but it’s fun

C0D1CEF8-061A-4A4A-B7AB-38839DCC00B9.png

The two seem close with indigo being a bit more detailed up top it seems.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #6,162 of 7,350
This blog is nothing but temptation. And I always smile when I see the phrase “end game”. Usually that end game is temporary but it’s fun

C0D1CEF8-061A-4A4A-B7AB-38839DCC00B9.png

The two seem close with indigo being a bit more detailed up top it seems.
Totally agree the best advice is to stop coming to forums once you have bought your “end game“ to much temptation to want better.

Jan 7, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #6,163 of 7,350
I have only heard the EXT and I loved them. sounded so realistic and the bass was great.

not yet. waiting on the moondrop spring tips to show up. so far the azla have sounded best, but my ears progressively push them out. it might be that I only have S M L and I need a MS or ML. as soon as I find something I love, ill def post it here.
The azla Crystals are orders of magnitude better than the Xelastecs. Ok, that borders on hyperbole but they are much better. They grip better, dont deform, dont degrade, dont attract dust and keep a really good seal.

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #6,164 of 7,350
I'd been using the Xelastecs size SS since I received my MMKII, thinking the deeper fit was better for the bone conduction. Switched to a regular S size since two days ago and boy oh boy. I did not need the deep fit. I'm getting as much skin contact, but much more comfortable and secure, and it tones down the treble and mids which were somewhat overpowering at times. Didn't lose any of the micro-details or any of the soundstage, it might even be better in that regard.

I'm still baffled at how the tiniest of change can affect these.

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #6,165 of 7,350
Well, I just did it. Indigo is on its way. I skipped past the MKii and went for it. Earlier today I decided to grab a Trailli or Indigo if one came up and an hour later, there it was; I just grabbed it off the front page of the classifieds. MEXT, I still love you but you gotta move out.... Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back