Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #3,736 of 7,333
So which tips are most people using with the MEST? I hear a lot of people using the stock silicon. I guess it's gonna be like any other iem, a trial and error deal considering everyone's ears and sound tastes differ.

Also, any cable recs?

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #3,739 of 7,333
So which tips are most people using with the MEST? I hear a lot of people using the stock silicon. I guess it's gonna be like any other iem, a trial and error deal considering everyone's ears and sound tastes differ.

So far I've tried the smallest stock tips (which were pre-installed), Sedna Earfit Light short SS and Xelastec SS. Normally I use size M tips (like on my WF-1000XM4), but with the Mest 2 I prefer deepest insertion for optimal use of the bone conduction technology and size SS tips seem perfect for that. For now it's Xelastec > Sedna > stock. Xelastecs give me the best fit and sound, giving a touch more clarity and 'air' (space?) in the high regions. Bass seems also a bit tighter. On the way to try: Epro horn-shaped tips EP01 and Radius Deep mount. To be continued...

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #3,740 of 7,333
Been listening to the MEST MKII for the past couple of weeks and I finally have an IEM that makes me NOT miss my Focal headphones, which have been no the rack ever since. I love the tone, extension (weighty bass and very good highs), and detail of these IEMs. These are the real deal. I also have the U18T and I really love these most in my collection.

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,741 of 7,333
Which Focal headphones do you own?
Been listening to the MEST MKII for the past couple of weeks and I finally have an IEM that makes me NOT miss my Focal headphones, which have been no the rack ever since. I love the tone, extension (weighty bass and very good highs), and detail of these IEMs. These are the real deal. I also have the U18T and I really love these most in my collection.

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #3,742 of 7,333
I had the Stellia and the MEST smoked it.... much weaker bass, more sibilant tendencies...thinner sounding

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #3,745 of 7,333
Agreed, I love Isa too - love its chilled signature, it has become my go-to for vocals and ambient music... and actually, SA6 was one of my top choices for ambient previously.

As an aside, I see we have a few of the same in our collections... U12T on my radar, along with quite a few others!
If you love that chill signature, I can see you really enjoying the U12t

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #3,746 of 7,333
Im sure they are not lean. My problem is, i am coming from Legend X haha.
Although i dont expect or need Mest bass to be at level LX, it has to have solid presence in relation to the rest of the signature.
Another thing is that ie900 has something fantastic to offer in bass department. The quality is just excelent.
So Mest has to really impress me now.

Btw Musicteck are not slacking. My order is ready to be picked up. Though not sure DHL collect shipments on sundays.
Anyways not far off...
As someone who owns Legend X and used to own MEST Mk2, I know what you mean by MEST's bass

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #3,747 of 7,333
As someone who owns Legend X and used to own MEST Mk2, I know what you mean by MEST's bass
Yeh LX is a lot of fun. With sp2000 it was one of best parings ever.
That said. Ie900 bass maybe less in quantity is actually such a good quality that i would dare to say i liked it more. Though as a full package not sure. Thats why i ordered Mest to see what i has to offer. Problem is, i just found out that Evo is being announced this friday... If the price is well below 3k. It might mess up my promise to myself not to spend much over 1k on IEMs...
Need to fall in love with mest quickly before the announcment. Ha ha

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #3,748 of 7,333
T-Minus three weeks till my custom MEST Mk2 reshell is completed. GAH the wait!

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #3,750 of 7,333
Yeah I'm trying to figure out either w2, hiby r5s, or m11 plus ltd for the MK2. Wish I had the budget to buy them all and test thoroughly then sell whichever I did not approve. 🤔

I just got the A&K SA700 and it's fantastic. Will be so with the Mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back