Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 25, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #271 of 1,469
Does anyone, by chance, own the Dunu
Stock and Leonidas II

stock is decent for what it is. I had the Leo for about a year, but it is actually a very bright cable! The 1% tonality is superb.... something about alloys... very coherent....
ok thanks,I will that in mind!👍

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #273 of 1,469
I bet you can't wait, right?

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #274 of 1,469
Smooth pairing, the 3DTs are fantastic through DAPs and dongles :)

20210125_104406.jpg

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #276 of 1,469
8EEAE57F-8EAA-4B7F-A3FA-6811A212118D.jpeg
744E8BE7-6378-457E-9272-C7BD2C2E9A10.jpeg

UM 3D Terminator (3DT) just arrived.

Here is a brief initial impression:

The bass region of the 3DT sounds accurate and controlled. In typical high-end dynamic-driver fashion, it is detailed and textured without losing body or fullness.

Mids are neutral with a slight emphasis towards the top (upper Mids).
Midrange tone is smoother and lusher than the KBEAR Believe. Clarity is top notch, as is resolution, and there is only a small bit of microdetail missing compared to the top-tier hybrid earphones such as UM’s own MEST.

3DT picks up emphasis towards the upper midrange and continues along the treble, but manages to keep its top end in control without going too hot. Overall, the 3DT does an excellent job of conveying treble energy, without harshness or sibilance.

Whereas the overall signature of the 3DT seems lively and energetic, the presentation follows a bit more laid-back approach. Its soundstage is not quite the widest in absolute terms, but it is quite spacious, airy, and open. There is not a hint of the confined, closed-in feel.

Even in this brief encounter, 3DT sounds like one of the best multi dynamic transducers I’ve come across, UM’s tuning showcases individual driver’s abilities beautifully. The sound is clean, quick, airy, and dynamic – everything a high-end earphone should strive toward.

Thanks to Andrew at MusicTeck for outrageously fast service. I ordered this yesterday and arrived today in West coast Canada by 3PM. What the...

Review coming soon.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #277 of 1,469
Welcome to the club!

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #278 of 1,469
8EEAE57F-8EAA-4B7F-A3FA-6811A212118D.jpeg744E8BE7-6378-457E-9272-C7BD2C2E9A10.jpeg

The bass region of the 3DT sounds accurate and controlled. In typical high-end dynamic-driver fashion, it is detailed and textured without losing body or fullness.

Midrange tone is smoother and lusher than the KBEAR Believe. Clarity is top notch, as is resolution, and there is only a small bit of microdetail missing compared to the top-tier hybrid earphones such as UM’s own MEST.

3DT picks up emphasis towards the upper midrange and continues along the treble, but manages to keep its top end in control without going too hot. Overall, the 3DT does an excellent job of conveying treble energy, without harshness or sibilance.

Whereas the overall signature of the 3DT seems lively and energetic, the presentation follows a bit more laid-back approach. Its soundstage is not quite the widest in absolute terms, but it is quite spacious, airy, and open. There is not a hint of the confined, closed-in feel.

Even in this brief encounter, 3DT sounds like one of the best multi dynamic transducers I’ve come across, UM’s tuning showcases individual driver’s abilities beautifully. The sound is clean, quick, airy, and dynamic – everything a high-end earphone should strive toward.

Thanks to Andrew at MusicTeck for outrageously fast service. I ordered this yesterday and arrived today in West coast Canada by 3PM. What the...

Review coming soon.

I'm glad you are enjoying the 3DT.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #279 of 1,469
8EEAE57F-8EAA-4B7F-A3FA-6811A212118D.jpeg744E8BE7-6378-457E-9272-C7BD2C2E9A10.jpeg

Review coming soon.

Did you compare with IT07?

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #281 of 1,469

Review coming soon.
😄👍That was fast!

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #282 of 1,469
Oh wow, Musictek charges $50USD shipping to Canada. That's brutal. Was expecting like $510 CAD, but will be $570 CAD. I don't suppose I can buy these elsewhere that ships to North America?

That's a very small price to pay for the quality and range of gear Musicteck offers we'd otherwise have no way to get a hold of.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #283 of 1,469

Review coming soon.
Can I have a peek of your coloration of 3DT when you free?😊

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #284 of 1,469
0A5F47C2-EB30-4BC3-A59A-36DAED9FC62E.jpeg
ED1B9A92-32C3-4CE9-A2EF-09CA5C457BE1.jpeg

sorry but those KZ resembled tangle prone stock cable had to go..

In comes the CEMA Tianwaitian. This combo brings the Mozart piece to life with neatly sprung rhythms, and splendid range of keyboard dynamics and appropriate colour.

3DT accurately captures the opening movement where it begins quietly with a march figure, but quickly moves to a more lyrical melody sprinkled with a fanfare in the winds. The music grows unexpectedly in volume, with the violins taking up the principal melody over the march theme, which is now played by the brass. This uplifting theme transitions to a brief, quieter interlude distinguished by a sighing motif in the brass. I am sitting here speechless how 3DT portrays all these delicate timbral nuances so convincingly. I feel like my ears just turned into the decca tree mics to capture this performance live.

If you are a classical music aficionado like me, 3DT should be very high up in your desert island list.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #285 of 1,469
Timbrafastic!😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back