Underrated and Overlooked cheap IEMs: Koss KE29S
Feb 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #16 of 19
The case is plastic. This should actually be called KE29. The S stands for the colour. There's KE29E, KE29R, KE29V, etc.. for the different colours. This is significantly better than the KEB24 imo but just stands as a great exercising or outdoors performer for the comfort (the most comfortable IEM i've ever worn, with short, but really good tips as well) .. I heard some other people on this forum say the KE29 is terrible, but it is the best, if not one of the best easily available for your typical consumer earphones one can buy for the price, since wal-mart carries them. At its retail price of $30, I'm not so sure, but you can find it for $20 or even $15 at some places.

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 19
I have the marshmallows and these are waaay better in every way that I can think of.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 19
Just received my 2 for tuesday pack on woot for $13 shipped for both red KE29's. 

Not bad for the price I paid, way too bassy out of the box, mid-range is recessed and so is the high-end as already mentioned by the OP.

Running this through my Sansa Clip, there is an EQ built-in, although it's nothing special but work wonders for these headphones. Otherwise it's barely listenable with no-EQ for me though. 

It's a 5-band EQ: -3, 0, +3, +3, +6, sound similar to my Koss KSC-75 but not quite there yet, it does have better bass impact though. 

If I don't A-B these with my other headphones, they sound very enjoyable with the EQ. Very comfortable, but I don't like the shorter / longer Left/Right wires though. 

Edit: 666 Posts woot woot I am evil
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #19 of 19
Just bought a pair of these and I actually enjoy them. The bass to me is almost perfect. They seem to work really well with Electronic/Dance music and they have nice little volume control. The only thing I hate about them is the cable, since it's built to wear from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back