Under 70$ best IEM's
Oct 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #17 of 33
You can still find decent, inexpensive IEM with a mic. Meelectronic M6P is one of them.
Got mine for $20 shipped and I like the sound sig. There are better one, but these are comfy and stay put in place. honestly, I prefer full-size headphones if I am indoors most of the time, but that's a whole new discussion.   

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
I'm surpised u liked Beta Brainwavz soo much that u think it surpases RE0 ..considering the pricing - more than halfed - and the fact that those too are a bargain, from what i see on the forum. But i;m just a newb and for starters I'll try to get these headsets, cus i've seen only good comments regarding it. It's build doesn't not worry me somehow ..even tough i'm young ..and i'll surely overuse them and abuse them, mecanically and all the other ways possible.
Tridents look really cool but in my view design is just a bonus to good sound ...not something necesarry.
Thanks. You;ll be hearing from me after i get them. Must make ID card ...then paypal account and bank account ..then buy em ...and then survive the brainwaves.
biggrin.gif
:D:D Can't wait.
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh just imagine the difference. Now i'm listening to incompatible headphones that make huge echo with some songs. Sound is all blurred out even in those that hear well. Bass is rough and covers the voice so strong that, in some songs you can;t hear it at all. Can't wait.
biggrin.gif
have a good day sir.

Price doesn't indicate quality as much as it should unfortunately and while I like the Betas more than the RE0 there are others which will disagree, which is definitely okay. The Betas have some of the best imaging in an IEM I've heard under $100, it's honestly fantastic and brings the listener into the sound. If the build quality were better I would easily peg them as $100 IEMs. I see you are buying the Brainwavz, I really hope you enjoy them as much as me. If you read my review you'll see many others agree that they are hard to beat for a cost/performance ratio!

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #19 of 33
Just as a heads up, the meelectronics cw31 that are listed at roughly 50 dollars in joker's review  are actually now $25 on amazon.  Keep in mind that they were given a value rating of 8.5/10 at 50 dollars

The earbuds are very comfortable due to small size and oval nozzle shape.  wire does have a bit of memory though.  

I know it isnt in the same league as some of the IEM's being brought up, but maybe the low price point can net it some consideration.  

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:
That was exactly what i was thinking:D But buying them will be a nice challenge. As my parents don't approve of me buying such pricy headphones. And i can;t find them here in any store..so i have to buy them from foreign countries with paypal which i don't have and through postal delivery ..which also makes them find out i bought them. :-S hmmmm Gun' be tricky and exciting.
I WILL BUY THEM mwahahahah. Still ..i'm curious. Do they sound better than beats by dre? Will they sound well on my galaxy s? Can i also use them on PC and have good results?

You don't have to buy re0 from a foreign country, Head direct's USA shipping facility is located in New York. And yes they sound much better than beats by dre. Less bass, but it's much easier to pick apart the bass notes on the 0's than the not so bass heavy "beats".

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #21 of 33
You should explain to your parents that buying higher-end headphones is more of an investment that most things.

As long as you take care of them, they don't depreciate in value very fast.
If you decide to sell, you can typically make about almost all your money.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #22 of 33

Quote:
You should explain to your parents that buying higher-end headphones is more of an investment that most things.

I'm not so sure about that anymore for the mid class IEMs. The competition be fierce these days, I've seen some insane price drops. RE0's been steady at $79, but with their high failure rate.......same for the shure SE215. 

You said you like more bass, I second the M2 or some of the Xears. I own M1s and they are unbeatable at their price point. If the M2 has a similar sound just with more bass and a slightly different soundstage, go for it. Especialy with the preorder price right now. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:

I'm not so sure about that anymore for the mid class IEMs. The competition be fierce these days, I've seen some insane price drops. RE0's been steady at $79, but with their high failure rate.......same for the shure SE215. 

You said you like more bass, I second the M2 or some of the Xears. I own M1s and they are unbeatable at their price point. If the M2 has a similar sound just with more bass and a slightly different soundstage, go for it. Especialy with the preorder price right now. 

I was saying I want bass ...in comparison with RE0 which "lack" the bass(I'm not english so i cant understand all your adjectives that u use to describe sound ...I'll just say it's a special taste of bass) ..but have a very good mid and high.
Perfect balance is really nice. One of the factors that made me buy my Galaxy S was the fact that the frequency response was ....remarcable, for the price, almost iphone4-like (even if iphone4 audio drive is made by samsung :D) also ...no stereo crosstalk and all the other very important things that fools like me will call for the moment "bla bla".
I started the reply before u posted, while i was researching the M2's ..so I didn't see you recommending me the M2's. So that's why I said "some say they're a steal". M2's were the next thing i researched after Betas , some Etymotics i don't remember because they didn't appeal to me and some other phones that also didnt appeal to me.

Balanced earphones means i can listen to whatever i want.And treble is significant too as i do sometimes have crushes on clasical. A few years ago i was listening to mussorgsky all day. Then i was obsessed with adagio albinoni ..now Blue Danube. Tschaikovsky cool too.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 33
Got my M2's yesterday to replace my R.I.P Yuin pk3's and I'm loving every bit of them. Maybe I'm a lil hyped and it's to soon to judge but it seems it's hard to go wrong with those. Unlike the once upon a time well regarded cx300's, which I hated (sibilant and unnatural sounding).
The M2's go for 50$ free shipping if you preorder so maybe you can do even better with 70$

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:

True story. I used the same logic when i made them buy a $1.5 k  laptop with SB i7 2630 and nvidia 525M and my $330 Galaxy S phone ...telephone and that fast 32 GB microsdhc.One would wonder where I would stop tough ..as i am also going to buy a gamepad and who knows what else in the near future? :)) :))

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
True story. I used the same logic when i made them buy a $1.5 k  laptop with SB i7 2630 and nvidia 525M and my $330 Galaxy S phone ...telephone and that fast 32 GB microsdhc.One would wonder where I would stop tough ..as i am also going to buy a gamepad and who knows what else in the near future? :)) :))

Erm... but the same logic doesn't apply to any of the items

Either you're gaming your parents or you're trying to mock me.
In the latter case, do some research.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 33

Quote:

I suppose I am not in the IEM specialty.
It's definitely true for full size headphones.

(And you mean low class IEMs)

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #29 of 33
I don't think you'll fully appreciate the RE0 if you get them as a first - Both the Betas and GR02s are brilliant, I slightly prefer the Beta sound sig, but the cable and build seems better on the GR02 - You can't really go wrong with either for the price; I've also heard good things about the Tridents and the JVC FXC51's - :xf_eek:

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #30 of 33
I don't think you'll fully appreciate the RE0 if you get them as a first - Both the Betas and GR02s are brilliant, I slightly prefer the Beta sound sig, but the cable and build seems better on the GR02 - You can't really go wrong with either for the price; I've also heard good things about the Tridents and the JVC FXC51's - :xf_eek:

ty for your input. i too believe that i should better get used with a less than 70$ headphone in order to find out my own taste.. Later i might buy better ones. 70 $limitation comes from me not wanring to buy a headphone with signature that i dont like for 130+$. ill make the order tommorow for the M2's
Erm... but the same logic doesn't apply to any of the items

Either you're gaming your parents or you're trying to mock me./p>
In the latter case, do some research.

No sir. none of both. Except the 32gigs mictsdhc which coul have been only 16. i dont mockyou nor game my parents. I will explain to u later how they did agree to buy em. They are no fools either. mom used to design chips for pc's back in 70s. and 80s. and dad had a similar role which also implies lots of it knowledge. so yeah ...both knew actually how to make processors and all that. i'm just curious what does bang for buck mean for you in the pc laptop and smartphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back