Under 70$ best IEM's
Oct 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

pinkbunnyhunter

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in buying some IEM's for my Samsung Galaxy S after i lost my original headset and after i bought three different samsung official headset versions that were supposed to be compatible but failed miserably. I hope u'll help me ..and by helping me you'll be helping others too. I didn't see anything on your wiki to help me decide the best value without learning the whole IEM manufacturer world.

I started researching and i found out that Sennheiser CX300 II or Creative EP630 could be two good choices... i can't decide between them, as i cant audit them. Then i saw that people found an even better low cost iem ..the Mylarone x3's. After 3 minutes of thinking i decided to ask u guys because the opinions out there are so many and so different ..and in you i kinda trust, as i believe you are true audiophiles.

So this is a request thread, please excuse me for not being able to give back to the community. All i want is a good headset. I can't give anything back without trying more headsets..and that i wont do given my limited resources.
I also listened once to the beats by dre headphone ..and was pleasantly surprised by it's SQ. Still i'm hoping that i can find better SQ headsets for under 70$ (I may be asking too much).

tl;dr : I'm looking for best quality IEM's for less than 70$ for my phone.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 33
Thanks. I'll try to find a good iem in that list that suits me. will also try to find online shops that deliver them in europe. Cus where i live i cant find for example brainwavz....actually all i can find are sennns from a to z. creative and sony. :frowning2:

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 33
Thanks. I'll try to find a good iem in that list that suits me. will also try to find online shops that deliver them in europe. Cus where i live i cant find for example brainwavz....actually all i can find are sennns from a to z. creative and sony. :frowning2:

you should try lifting your budget $9 and getting yourself a pair of RE0s. They're pretty much the best bang for your buck sound quality you're going to get.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 33
That was exactly what i was thinking:D But buying them will be a nice challenge. As my parents don't approve of me buying such pricy headphones. And i can;t find them here in any store..so i have to buy them from foreign countries with paypal which i don't have and through postal delivery ..which also makes them find out i bought them. :-S hmmmm Gun' be tricky and exciting.
I WILL BUY THEM mwahahahah. Still ..i'm curious. Do they sound better than beats by dre? Will they sound well on my galaxy s? Can i also use them on PC and have good results?

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #7 of 33
ok ..so now second dillema: RE0 or Soundmagic PL50's? :O :O :O I'm caught in the hell of IEM descrpitions i know nothing about,cus i never listened to a more than 7 $ headphone ..except those beats by dre. The RE0 is described as IEM's with lower bass than Turbines and also PL50's. The problem is i don't know what low bass means. I guess it won't be unpleasantl low ...but i wanna be sure it's way higher than the bass i'm experiencing now with some stock headphones. :-S. I might be asking too much questions...but i can't afford to miss.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #9 of 33
Exactly what I was talking about...whenever i decide to buy something ...something else that is better or more suitable appears. I'm completely lost! Started with Ep 630,then CX300, CX870, px 200, brainwavz m2, hifiman re0, soundmagic pl50 and 30..and now Brainwavz Beta and those DUNU's ...WOOOT? 2 days ago i knew nothing ...and now i still don't know anything. keanex ..have you tried the re0? what is your opinion on them and how are those brainwavz and dunu's better than RE0.
I want to listen to those IEM outside with car and subway noise,sometimes train. There is no specifical genre i want them to sound well to. I listen from dubstep to classical, from rap to trance,also rock ..and many more. I expect good lows, mid's and high's. Dont wanna emphasize on any1. On my small 5.1 speakers my bass level is at bout 10%, volume never higher than 5% ..P5800 inspire. Also what should i buy in order to have a great sound on Samsung Galaxy S aka iphone 4 aka Ipod touch (dunno which generation) without any amplfication or things like that? :-S I'm so lost

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #11 of 33
I understand completely. It's very confusing and frustrating trying to enter the audiophile world. There's many claims that X is far better than Y but in reality it's not, it's just preference. You could get lost for hours trying to figure out the ideal headphone, but really if you're new you'll be satisfied with almost anything that's well regarded around here. I owned the RE0 for a while and I never liked them. I never enjoyed music on them, they were too analytical. By this I mean they made me think more about the quality of the recording than enjoying the music. They are very clear and sound great, but the build quality is iffy and the bass is lacking very much. They are good headphones, but not good for everything. Classical, yes. Dubstep, no.

The Betas are my favorite IEM under $100 that I've heard. They have an outstanding price to sound quality ratio that I find unmatched. They work well for everything in my opinion, but aren't ideal for things like classical. They do have enough bass to satisfy dubstep fans though, no doubt. The build quality is really iffy on these though, they've held up fine the past 2 weeks with them of using them roughly an hour a day at least to and from work, but I don't think they'd handle a lot of abuse.

The Tridents have a great sound to price ratio and much better build quality than the Betas. They sound good with almost all types of music, but sound a bit flat. I did enjoy listening to music on these though.

I hope that didn't confuse you further. One piece of advice though, pick something that sounds good to you that will best suit your needs and then enjoy them. Over time you might find them lacking in certain areas and that's how you figure out "your sound" you'll find yourself thinking, "The bass is a bit too much" so you'll find headphones with similar sound, but less bass. So just pick somewhere to start and enjoy!

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 33
Check out Xears. xears.com. They have a coupon for most of their IEMs which brings the price to $50 shipped from Germany. 
By the way, do you want mic in your IEM ?  the Xears X3i works fine with Galaxy S and it is bass heavy, if that's what you want. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #13 of 33
Etymotic MC5 should fall in that range. I've enjoyed mine. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #14 of 33
I'm surpised u liked Beta Brainwavz soo much that u think it surpases RE0 ..considering the pricing - more than halfed - and the fact that those too are a bargain, from what i see on the forum. But i;m just a newb and for starters I'll try to get these headsets, cus i've seen only good comments regarding it. It's build doesn't not worry me somehow ..even tough i'm young ..and i'll surely overuse them and abuse them, mecanically and all the other ways possible.
Tridents look really cool but in my view design is just a bonus to good sound ...not something necesarry.
Thanks. You;ll be hearing from me after i get them. Must make ID card ...then paypal account and bank account ..then buy em ...and then survive the brainwaves.:D:D:D Can't wait.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh just imagine the difference. Now i'm listening to incompatible headphones that make huge echo with some songs. Sound is all blurred out even in those that hear well. Bass is rough and covers the voice so strong that, in some songs you can;t hear it at all. Can't wait.:D have a good day sir.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #15 of 33
Check out Xears. xears.com. They have a coupon for most of their IEMs which brings the price to $50 shipped from Germany. 
By the way, do you want mic in your IEM ?  the Xears X3i works fine with Galaxy S and it is bass heavy, if that's what you want. 

Ty for your info. Is there anything that stands up for itself from the Xears range of products? Something comparable with the brainwavz Beta which are until now my last choice? I kind of gave up to the mic functionality. I don't know how it's obtained. But i guess it does imply making it less compatible with usual devices??? AMIRITE? When i was mentioning the Galaaxy S ..i was doing it so that u kno where the sound comes from ..guss it's important if it's a dedicated audio card ..so on and so forth.

@liamstrain ...those MC5 are interesting too. i'll be readin bout them :-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back