Unconfortable fit with my Sennheiser PC360.
Jan 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gl0ry

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi!

This is my first post here and this seemed like the appropriate section post about my Sennheiser PC360s.  I've owned these for about a month now and I'm having comfort issues due to the clamp force being exerted by the headset.  I've had them stretched as far as they could go over a box for the past few days, and it seems to help for the first 20 minutes or so, but then the force starts to get tighter again.

Any of you have any recommendations on what to do in order to achieve more comfort with these phones?  I don't know how big my head is, but I would say it's above average.

I enjoy the audio from these, but the discomfort is getting to be an issue to the point where I'm thinking about downgrading just to achieve satisfaction from comfort.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Had the same problem when I got mine (I think my skull is also larger than average). I also tried to stretch them out and it seemed to help a bit. Not sure if it's because the clamping force from my LCD2 is much stronger but these days it doesn't really bother me as much anymore. Perhaps over time the clamping force will ease. Or you could try adjusting the headband length such that more of the pressure is distributed across the entire pad (including the bottom that is in contact with part of your jaw bone).

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Same story here. I've used them off and on for about eight months. Used to leave them stretched over something and they would be too loose for the first 10 minutes of use, just right for about the same amount of time, and then horribly uncomfortable for the rest of the evening. Seems like whatever plastic Senn uses, it has the most amazing memory.

Finally got fed up with them this week, shoved them back into their box, and bought an 880/600 + Antlion mic. Bu'bye 360.

Note: I used the 880's for a couple of years for music and gaming (until I gave them to my Dad), and completely loved them. And, I also ditched the LCDs after several months of trying (and failing) to come to terms with their level of "comfort".

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Is that right?  I was hoping they would keep their looseness after stretching, but I guess that's going to keep bothering me forever :frowning2:.

I find it strange there are so many great reviews on it about the comfort yet we're experiencing these issues.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Ya, sorry I don't have better news. I too am a bit mystified by the reviews which call these things comfy. They are second only to the LCDs as my least comfortable headphone acquisition.

Truthfully I liked my 880s for gaming better anyway (comfort aside).

May 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Very strange I've got a brand new pair of 360,s and my head is bigger than average and they fit perfect right outta the box. Very comfortable and I can wear them for hours and hours. In fact I sometimes forget they are even on. Maybe there's a bit of variation between each set. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back