Unboxing videos.....why?
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #91 of 108
I think unboxing videos are f*#kin stupid. It's like watching a kid open his presents at a birthday party. Oh wow, you got one of those! I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a crap about fancy boxes and overpackaging. All the time you spent filming, unwrapping, and showing off your new headphones, could have been better spent listening to them.

That's just my opinion.
Dan

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #93 of 108
You answered your own question. 
Quote:
I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a crap about fancy boxes and overpackaging. 

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #95 of 108
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #97 of 108
I'm fine with unboxing headphones, because it's not unlike opening a present - especially if the headphones are kind of special. However, some unboxings can be drawn out, or contain unnecessary talking that could easily have been edited out. Hey, and if you're not interested - no problem.

Frankly, I'm not interested in watching an unboxing of the "Cat Planet Cuties" DVD, but the Stax SR-009? Roll the cam!

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #98 of 108
It is a good a reference. I knew my package was an open box by watching the unboxing video (which I hated for the longest time). And it is a good way to spot fake products.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #99 of 108
Quote:
I think unboxing videos are f*#kin stupid. It's like watching a kid open his presents at a birthday party. Oh wow, you got one of those! I know a lot of you guys care about packaging, but come on, who gives a crap about fancy boxes and overpackaging. All the time you spent filming, unwrapping, and showing off your new headphones, could have been better spent listening to them.

Some retailers can be losers...not including accessories on the original package etc. Basically in unboxing videos you know what you get, and what you paid for! 

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #100 of 108
Quote:

Some retailers can be losers...not including accessories on the original package etc. Basically in unboxing videos you know what you get, and what you paid for! 

I guess. I still think they are silly, which is why I don't watch them. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #101 of 108
Quote:

Uhh, no. A loser would be someone who accepts a package where the factory seal has been broken and stuff is missing that is listed on the box or manual..

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #102 of 108
I found the perfect unboxing video. It's even better than the parody projector unboxing one... better so much it's bad.

Let this serve as an example of what not to do: Thermaltake Technology eSports Hyperion Universal Headphone Cradle unboxing video, by Techtomorrow

What not to do:
-- A superfluous spoken introduction about using headphones. I prefer when the camera is showing the product.
-- Too much talk already, for a video that could be silent just as well
-- Too much planning and outlining for an unboxing video, which should be straightforward
-- This is B.S., he won't even take the time to do any of those tasks once he is done over with the unboxing
-- He should have read the back of the box quickly, instead of presenting to us the front of the box and the image of the product
-- He's not good at taking the product out of the box (both the tray and the three pins)
-- He's showing us the product by letting us glare at it, and he's not zooming in on it with the camera (although he will do it once at the end)
-- A bit too expressive and dramatic for my taste, which is taking too long of my day
-- HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW FINISH THE ASSEMBLY OF THE STAND, ("I have never read the instruction manual") inacceptable
-- He's not just demoing the product, he's showing us "how to use" a headphone stand, which is obvious
-- No impression what so ever on perceived build quality (weight and solidity), ergonomics like the rubber grip and feet, and on why this stand is "standing out" from the other stands in his opinion

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #104 of 108
Quote:
I have a general rule that any youtube video with prominently featured chest hair is one I will not be watching.

So many hilarious posts today I ran out of thumbs ups...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back