Unboxing videos.....why?
May 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 108
Quote:

Like you were expecting something in there other than headphones?

"I'm now opening the Beyerdynamic DT880 box, here I open the flap, and 'HEY What, THERE'S A FLYING SQUIRREL IN HERE!!!'"

Then just show the product. What's with the striptease thing?

Can't wait

lol
sometimes we are curious about the extras, carrying case..bag, extra cables etc. Probably he was talking about that? 

May 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #20 of 108
I'm trying to think of something rational as a reason why I like watching unboxing videos, but I can't. All I can think of is to see how an original packaging and item is if it's a highly counterfeited one. Other than that, I procrastinate my laziness with unboxing videos.

May 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 108
I don't know, I kind of like the unboxing videos. I can see where some people think they're pointless. There have been times where I've been watching one and I'd be hoping there was some type of review with it as well. But otherwise, I think they're kind of fun, I guess is the right word. I love watching hifiguy's videos on YouTube.

May 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #22 of 108
Not all unboxing videos are equal, of course - but there can be a real sense of discovery when you get a new piece of gear. Apple has become masterful at this, with individual pieces of hardware can be like unwrapping a present.

When I purchased at DT880, it came in an aluminum box, and opening it up for the first time was a delight and surprise. Recently, the giant box that accompanied my HD800 was like boxes within boxes, until there was the headphone and its satin-lined box. 

May 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #23 of 108
I like watching it when I am researching a product to buy. Like the Philips L1 headphones. I decided not to buy it because I didn't like the "pig tail" attached to one cup. The need of additional cable just to use it is a deal breaker. Give me one removeable cable or just attach it to the cups. So I was glad to see an unboxing video on it.

In some ways unboxing videos are better than reviews. There's on opinion on an unboxing. You decide for yourself if you like what you see or not. Reviews are mostly based on the reviewer's opinion.

May 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #25 of 108
Quote:
 There have been times where I've been watching one and I'd be hoping there was some type of review with it as well.

That was my whole point. Show the phones, the accessories, what it looks like and a critique of the sound and aesthetics. Don't spend 10 minutes opening the freakin' box!

Quote:

to think these videos actually bother someone enough to consume their thought process and create a thread about it is kinda scary.........

Even scarier is that you posted in that thread three times..

May 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #26 of 108
You get the enjoyment moment of opening that new toy, without actually paying for it. Also might put you over the edge for purchasing it, since you can generally see its build quality, and the accessories it comes with.

May 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #27 of 108
They're better than the videos of people destroying back-ordered stuff on Christmas Eve
tongue_smile.gif

May 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #30 of 108
Quote:

Only to point out how dumb and sad this whole debacle of a thread that you started is

The irony here is that it was a valid question/comment and it became 'dumb and sad' when some people began hitting their keyboards before actually reading it and that you "pointed it out" with your posts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back