Unboxing: Meier Audio Corda QuickStep and PCStep
Jul 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

chowyeung

Head-Fier
One week ago I noticed there are two new portable amps on the Meier Audio's webpage - QuickStep and PCStep, which will be launched in this Sept and Oct. As a super fan of Meier Audio's products, I emailed Jan immediately and showed my interests. Jan sent me a prompt reply within 15 minutes after my email was sent. (!) He said he has some pre-production prototypes of both models and would be glad to let me be the very first one owning these amps. These prototypes, as Jan said, are exactly the same as the final products. Without hesitation I placed my order immediately.... for BOTH!

The amps arrived today! Let me post some photos first.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 49
These amps are not my first Corda amps. I used to have Cantate.2, Symphony.2, Concerto, Rock, HeadSix, 3Move, StepDance (You can see what a super fan I am!).
I would be happy to share my impressions of these new amps later. But please kindly wait as I want the amps to be fully burn-in first. 
Cheers

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #7 of 49
One point I can mention at this point of time is that the amps are solidly built. I am particularly impressed by the heavy duty 3.5mm sockets of the QuickStep. I would say it is a big improvement over the StepDance and 2StepDance. Now my LOD and headphone can be firmly plugged into the amp without any worries.

Another point. I have tried the PCStep with my MacBook Air (mid-2011). I use BitPerfect + iTunes. The PCStep works perfectly without any troubles.

Cheers

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #11 of 49
Thanks for the unboxing pictures. Definitely interested in the QuickStep once it is official launched.

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 49
I have been listening to this combo these two days: QuickStep + iPod Touch 3Gen + Fiio LOD + Bose AE2
It's unfortunate that I don't have an audiophile headphone, source and LOD at this moment. Thus my impression may not be well-grounded.
That said, I really think QuickStep does an excellent job. To my ears the sound is clean, balanced and neutral (The Corda sound signature as usual). The bass from my Bose is now well-controlled and much more enjoyable.
I would suggest QuickStep is an excellent amp for classical music, or other types of music when clarity and neutrality are essential. I am now listening to Bruckner's Symphony 9. I can say I am very happy!
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back