Unboxing: Meier Audio Corda QuickStep and PCStep
Aug 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #18 of 49
Man,Shiit,you must be kidding.... :) How much will be the price on the quickstep?Does you measured its battery life average?
Looking and following your thread interested with my wallet handcuffed...

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:
Man,Shiit,you must be kidding.... :) How much will be the price on the quickstep?Does you measured its battery life average?
Looking and following your thread interested with my wallet handcuffed...

On the price... My apologies... Since Jan has not released the prices on his website, I think it is not appropriate for me to mention it here. :wink:

On the battery life of QuickStep, I have not made a specific measurement. I now use only some cheap non-rechargeable 9V batteries. With low gain setting, 50% volume, QuickStep can run for at least eight to ten hours I think. Yet I am thinking to buy iPowerUS 9V 520mah batteries, which should be much better!

Cheers :)

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #20 of 49
Thanks Chowyeung, I am considering to buying it in addition for when i will buy a pair of ES5 ,i wish them to be drive by the Quickstep with no hiss or background sound and any channel imbalance (which i am sure the Meyer amp does not have),and even the Westone are low impedance i will use the Quickstep as notebook amp and with more powerful cans.
Keep those info coming!
Salute

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #26 of 49
Another piece of info. The Dac of PCStep is Burr-Brown PCM2702.

I've done some very brief internet research. It seems that this DAC is a quality one, although it supports 16/48 maximum. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #27 of 49
Some very very short impressions on QuickStep vs PCStep:
These two amps share the same sound signature of Corda amps. I would use the words "clean, balanced, neutral" to describe it. (Excuse me. English is not my first language. These are the words I could think of to express what I think.) 
Yet sound-wise QuickStep is definitely better than PCStep (No surprise, isn't it?). The sound of QuickStep is more refined and with greater dynamics. Now I can hear the details and the subtle parts in a piece of music. And when the music explodes, QuickStep can make you feel the energy of the music too. That said, PCStep is still very impressive, given its size and price!
I am still running-in these amps. Hope they will sing better and better!

I am now thinking to buy a new iem and a headphone for my QuickStep. I believe the QuickStep headfi combo should give me wonderful moments of music wherever I go. I would then leave my PCStep for use in my office, connecting it with my desktop ...... You know, it is always wise not to be too high profile in your working place!  :wink:

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #28 of 49
never own any hi-end amp,at the moment i am fascinated by the 2stepdance but more now by the quickstep,which seems to be cheaper then it`s technical potential.
by the way,what is your office job?you have to try any compartment where you can lock it with some good padlock, i agree with you , trust (almost) no on etoday.
About the Quickstep,it have black ground noise , any hiss with you iems,even at low volumes?
Salute

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

About the Quickstep,it have black ground noise , any hiss with you iems,even at low volumes?
Salute

I am curious too. The Stepdance is absolutely black, i.e. hum and hiss  free, with the ES5 and the Piano Forte IX, both extremely sensitive IEMs. I am guessing that the Quickstep is just as effective in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back