[unboxing] KEF LS50 Wireless
Apr 26, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #287 of 344
What sub are you guys using successfully with the KEF LS50Ws?

I want to integrate a sub to free the KEFs from having to play the very low bass frequencies but my previous attempts using an Adam Audio 8 sub have been unsuccessful ....it is a cheaper sub and just simply sounds boomy unless I turn it way down almost to the point of not being there at all. I do not want to spend a fortune on a sub, perhaps something second hand might do....any suggestions?

Also what settings do you guys use on your sub integrations?

I highly recommend SVS SB3000. The KEF LS 50 Wireless system paired with the SVS sub is magical! I am crossing over at 100 hrz (currently). The SVS sub is very musical and features deep powerful bass. I wonder if you could find a used SB3000...

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #288 of 344
The SVS sub looks really interesting and I like the fact that it can be controlled by an app...similar to the Elac subs.

I see the app on the Elac subs also controls the subs response delay....this may be very useful too...I wonder if SVS has a similar adjustment possibility?

I have been offered an Elac Adante sub 3070 at a really attractive price...

https://www.elac.com/product/asw-121-adante-powered-subwoofer/

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #289 of 344
I sold my LS50W and bought the LSX. The LS50W where a little to big for my living room (about 5x4m), missed the lower frequencies (bass) and liked the sound of the LSX a little more (less high/crisp) and more forgiving with Spotify for example.

Ofcourse the bass is less then the LS50W, I knew, and bought a small sub. The B&W ASW608 in my case. Really happy with it and more than enough bass for my room size. In the end lot cheaper then the LS50W and better sound overall (for me personally).

PS I got a lot of positive reactions on the looks of my green coloured LSX’s. Didnt get any on my previous glossy white LS50W.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #290 of 344
I sold my LS50W and bought the LSX. The LS50W where a little to big for my living room (about 5x4m), missed the lower frequencies (bass) and liked the sound of the LSX a little more (less high/crisp) and more forgiving with Spotify for example.

Ofcourse the bass is less then the LS50W, I knew, and bought a small sub. The B&W ASW608 in my case. Really happy with it and more than enough bass for my room size. In the end lot cheaper then the LS50W and better sound overall (for me personally).

PS I got a lot of positive reactions on the looks of my green coloured LSX’s. Didnt get any on my previous glossy white LS50W.

It’s nice to read things worked out well for you. I hope you get many hours of musical enjoyment.

May 3, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #291 of 344
What sub are you guys using successfully with the KEF LS50Ws?

I want to integrate a sub to free the KEFs from having to play the very low bass frequencies but my previous attempts using an Adam Audio 8 sub have been unsuccessful ....it is a cheaper sub and just simply sounds boomy unless I turn it way down almost to the point of not being there at all. I do not want to spend a fortune on a sub, perhaps something second hand might do....any suggestions?

Also what settings do you guys use on your sub integrations?

svs sb2000 matching white for white kef speakers

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #292 of 344
Hello,
recently I have purchased KEF LS50W. Need your advise for below:
My room size is 12 ft x 11 ft.
1) do i need subwoofer? if yes...which one shall be suit my room? please suggest one.
2) At present I am feeding analog from my DAP (Cowon Plenue 2). I understand that all analog sound pass through analog to digital conversion in LS50W. So does it matter to use good DAP as a input? When I use my smartphone(S Note 9), the sound quality via DAP found me better that smartphone.
So, what is best way of input? is anyone uses any preamp/ amp? Need views from members.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #293 of 344
1] no
2] the analog inputs are excellent even though it does a double conversion...I really liked them using a high end DAC ...so source is extremely important

Best way is to use Roon on a MAC or PC and use the wi-fi connection...

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #294 of 344
1] no
2] the analog inputs are excellent even though it does a double conversion...I really liked them using a high end DAC ...so source is extremely important

Best way is to use Roon on a MAC or PC and use the wi-fi connection...

thanks for immediate response.
I will try Roon.
Which hi-end DAC do you use?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #295 of 344
I dont use a DAC anymore...generally not possible with Roon since it does all the conversions in the MAC or PC....but when I did use a DAC it was a highly modified Yulong DA8

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #298 of 344

Why wouldn't he/she benefit from a sub? I have KEF R300s in a similar room and I use two small REL T-Zero subs and in my opinion having subs makes a positive difference as despite themselves being small drivers, the T-Zeros are able to go significantly deeper than the R300s. While not true super deep sub bass, the RELs still make the bass sound more complete and integrated. The LS50W must roll off pretty early so some help in the sub bass I would think would help, but that is just my thoughts, everybody differs.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #299 of 344
the general consensus and believe me I have tried subs is that if you like audiophile sound a sub is really difficult to integrate with the LS50W and 99% of the time just sounds overbearing or simply awful....depends a lot on music, room acoustics etc of course so ymmd

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #300 of 344
Hello,
recently I have purchased KEF LS50W. Need your advise for below:
My room size is 12 ft x 11 ft.
1) do i need subwoofer? if yes...which one shall be suit my room? please suggest one.
2) At present I am feeding analog from my DAP (Cowon Plenue 2). I understand that all analog sound pass through analog to digital conversion in LS50W. So does it matter to use good DAP as a input? When I use my smartphone(S Note 9), the sound quality via DAP found me better that smartphone.
So, what is best way of input? is anyone uses any preamp/ amp? Need views from members.

I have added a SVSound SB3000 sub to my LS50W and I am very happy with the improvement the sub makes in the system. IMO, a sub is an essential add-on for the LS50W and the LSX too. I do love music that extends deep into the bass region such as jazz featuring a standup bass and electronica ambient music. I have taken time to carefully calibrate the sub so that it does not overpower the system. The SB3000 is a very musical sub and good match for the LS50W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back