UM56 pics, Small Ears much....
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vunderbar

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, just got my UM56 tips today for my UM3X and thought I would share some photos (Don't think there official UM56 tips but everything went through an authorized dealer) . Couldn't believe the shape my tips came back as. No wonder I was having fit issues.... I have really really tiny ears. Curious to see other peoples UM56 tips, so please post your pics. P.S. I have been listening to these for about 5 hours now and I have to say, compared to tips I was using before which was the modded triple flange tips that came with these headphones, there is a HUGE improvement in bass and soundstage and a bit of an improvement to the treble IMO.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 8
I have the UM3x and SM3 and the all the tips don't seem to give me the perfect or a good fit. Can't insert deeply so must have small ear canals too.

Really interested getting these.

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 8
I would definitely recommend you get them if your having fit issues because they definitely accomplish getting a good seal. Unfortunately my ears not only have a small canal but not a big enough space for the actual Left and Right earpiece. So now I'm probably getting another set (free I hope) that let's the Casing for the driver's rest outside my ear and I will only have contact with the UM56. Going to tell them to try and get the earpiece as close to my ear as possible without it applying pressure. Watch out for this issue.

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 8
I have UM56s tips, black Otoblast (will post photos) but strangely enough, while I had them made for the UM3Xs when I had them, they never were very comfy with this phones, and it's because the driver body bumped my ears (no longer fit snug inside my ear cavity. Same when I used the UM56s with the SM3s. But with the Ety HF-2, ER4Ps or MC5s (owned all three, have the HF2s now), they work like a charm (since the phones are not over the ear). Also, the UM56s are perfect with my DBA-02s. So they are great, but I could not use them with the UM3X or SM3s. Go figure.

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Hey are the ends for pulling out the eartips really that long? Do they cause any trouble fit wise? And do they look weird sticking of of your ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back