UM3X w/ iPhone -- phone call isues
Dec 13, 2010 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ebudaj

New Head-Fier
I just got the Westone UM3X recently. I like the phones, but this isn't post isn't about them.

I've been having a problem with phone calls. When I plug any other headphones into my iPhone 3G, I can still make phone calls -- that is, I can hear the other party to the call through the headphones and I can hold my iPhone up to my mouth and speak into the microphone and it would work fine.

With the UM3X, I can still hear the other party through the headphones, but for some reason it seems that the microphone on my iPhone doesn't work them I try to talk -- the other party can't hear me at all. So now I have to unplug the headphones, take one out of my ear, and use the phone normally.

Now I know that one option is to get one of those microphone adapters. That's not my question here. My question is, why don't these headphones work the same as any other headphones? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 6
Which version of iPhone are you using? I often use my UM3X (with removable cable) to answer phone calls on my iPhone 3Gs with no problem. maybe you didn't push the jack in properly?

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I have an iPhone 3G. Not sure if it's particular to that phone (or possibly particular to _my_ phone?) but it does work with other headphones plugged in...

It's happened multiple times and I'm sure I've plugged the jack in all the way, but thanks for the idea!

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Come to think of it, I remember I had some problems similar to yours when I had my iPhone 3G with my UM2s, so it's probably something to do with the shape of the Westone jack. Maybe try it with the volume control extension cord that comes with the UM3X, hope that would solve your problem. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back