UM3X [Opinions] yours&mine
Apr 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #62 of 86

Quote:
Then i think thats a reason for you to try and get used to them :p Oh my etys I'm pretty sure touch my brain ahaha. Using triple flanges that is, what did you use?

yeah. the tri-flanges were like I would put them in, and I would like choke because I could feel them in my throat.  So does your ears get used to the soreness after awhile??? Because these suckers are DEEP! haha,

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #64 of 86

Quote:
Haha yeh tell me about it, its scary how much sound they block out though because of this! Im not really a big fan o someone in need of isolation tbh ! 

I'm becoming curious of Shure's claim to isolation. The UM3X isolate much heavier.  I like the isolation. It's useful when you are riding a marathon or running a marathon.

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #65 of 86
Im a swimmer so i unfortunately can't reap the benefits of isolation or earphones at all. I once had a shire SE420 and it was mediocre isolation if I'm honest. Have not tried the new line though.

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #67 of 86

Quote:
I'm listening to my UM3X right now... absolutely no piercing highs.  If anything the highs are recessed.  They aren't loud enough to be painful.  The um3x is a truly interesting headphone.  I feel like it could satisfy anyone.  Its just simply good. there is no other way to explain it.  The comfort, the sound is very pleasing to anyone.  The soundstage baffles me.  I can't determine whether It is closed, or whether im stuck right in the middle of the concert.

The highs are indeed recessed, but they do have the extension which could sound harsh on some tracks. Perhaps your tracks aren't the type. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #72 of 86
I really sense identical isolation from the er4 series and the um3 with the p-series.  There is no difference.  The um3x isolates better for me because the er4's fit VERY weird in my ear.

May 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #75 of 86
I seriously want to use the p-series badly... but it seems that my ears dont like.... and they try to make the p-series hurt :xf_mad: The problem here... is my ears.  I can only insert tips so far, until I reach a point where my ear canal just becomes DANGEROUSLY small.  It would be interesting to see a custom mold of my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back