UM3X [Opinions] yours&mine
Apr 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #48 of 86
I understand the whole purist thing, but humour me and try 4dB at/above 10k (kudos to tienbasse for that one).  You can always put it back :p

Quote:

Nope, I don't really like EQing things

Well, not really about "purism", but somehow my brain just wants me to live no EQ on even with EQ sounding better. Well, i will definitely try with EQing the UM3x I i have time to audition them again. But won't EQing it just make the highs sound harsher and ear-piercing than it already is? Instead of filling up the gap between the rather hollow treble?

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #49 of 86

Quote:
Well, not really about "purism", but somehow my brain just wants me to live no EQ on even with EQ sounding better. Well, i will definitely try with EQing the UM3x I i have time to audition them again. But won't EQing it just make the highs sound harsher and ear-piercing than it already is? Instead of filling up the gap between the rather hollow treble?

I don't find the high's piercing at all.  Its nothing like the asg-1's highs.  Now that my friend... is piercing.

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #50 of 86

Quote:

I don't find the high's piercing at all.  Its nothing like the asg-1's highs.  Now that my friend... is piercing.

ASG highs are far from piercing? They are laid back with not much presence and the slightest of sparkles

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #51 of 86
What's up with the ASG-1s actually? There seems to be too much difference in everyone's opinions, I mean, they should still be similar, but it's waaay too different! Well, maybe till I try them in the future or something :p. Well, the UM3x's highs are piercing when used with Shure's grey flex, at least. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #52 of 86

Quote:
What's up with the ASG-1s actually? There seems to be too much difference in everyone's opinions, I mean, they should still be similar, but it's waaay too different! Well, maybe till I try them in the future or something :p. Well, the UM3x's highs are piercing when used with Shure's grey flex, at least. 

Tips are supposedly meant to change them crazy amounts so maybe thats it. Also through out burn in they change so much so my fully burned in ASG-1s would sound different to the fresh delladoods ASG-1s. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #56 of 86
I'm listening to my UM3X right now... absolutely no piercing highs.  If anything the highs are recessed.  They aren't loud enough to be painful.  The um3x is a truly interesting headphone.  I feel like it could satisfy anyone.  Its just simply good. there is no other way to explain it.  The comfort, the sound is very pleasing to anyone.  The soundstage baffles me.  I can't determine whether It is closed, or whether im stuck right in the middle of the concert.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #57 of 86

Quote:

I see, I guess it's a really subjective IEM 

All iems are people just tend to agree with others so they don't not fit in! My IE8 review slags it off quite a bit and i have not seen a lot of others do this. Dubbed does but for completely different reasons to me.

Quote:
I'm listening to my UM3X right now... absolutely no piercing highs.  If anything the highs are recessed.  They aren't loud enough to be painful.  The um3x is a truly interesting headphone.  I feel like it could satisfy anyone.  Its just simply good. there is no other way to explain it.  The comfort, the sound is very pleasing to anyone.  The soundstage baffles me.  I can't determine whether It is closed, or whether im stuck right in the middle of the concert.

Glad that they are pleasing you and are the dream that you hoped. Its great to hear.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #58 of 86

Quote:

All iems are people just tend to agree with others so they don't not fit in! My IE8 review slags it off quite a bit and i have not seen a lot of others do this. Dubbed does but for completely different reasons to me.

Glad that they are pleasing you and are the dream that you hoped. Its great to hear.

I just popped on the super long P series tips.  They are painful a bit... But the isolation is beyond amazing. They match up to etymotic in isolation.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #59 of 86

Quote:

I just popped on the super long P series tips.  They are painful a bit... But the isolation is beyond amazing. They match up to etymotic in isolation.

Really?! I have never seen much come close to the isolation of my etys. 
If they're anything like etys then you will get used to the pain in a way. I found my etys painful at first and now sweet.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #60 of 86

Quote:

Really?! I have never seen much come close to the isolation of my etys. 
If they're anything like etys then you will get used to the pain in a way. I found my etys painful at first and now sweet.

yeah im dead serious! Like, the p series goes into your ear canal SO deep.  Its unreal.  I could never get my ety's this deep.  They really isolate ALOT now.  The bass is heavier, the soundstage opened up a bit with the p-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back