UM3X + E11?
Aug 19, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 9
haven't tried the E11 yet, but i could tell you that the Ibasso T3 is a good match with the um3x

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 9
I have both, I don't notice any improvements with them.     

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 9
not necessary, the amp will make a difference, its just the difference in sound might not reflect the price you paid for. That said, the difference in SQ is going to be slight but its definitely there. It really depends if you want that extra 10% in SQ for a large premium. 

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 9
yea that is true. the price paid to squeeze that extra bit of juice out of the iem may not be proportional which is why i wanted to start with some entry level amp instead of going big :) have you ever tried your um3x with the jds cmoy amp? i read the forums it seem like a good entry level amp too :) thank your for your sharing.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 9
I didn't get a chance to try the JDS cmoy but I did try its competitor the PA2v2 which was a great amp and definitely gives a stronger low end to the um3x. The Ibasso T3 is slightly better in all aspects, more balanced and all around but I chose it due to the size and portability of it. Pa2v2 is small but its thick and chunky. However i think the pa2v2 made a much more difference with Grados or other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back