UM2 + UM56 = OMG!!
Jan 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 33
lol racist, how
biggrin.gif
? Got nothing to do with race AFAIK. Junior head-fiers aren't a race lol, I find that racist!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 33
I got my UM56 tips yesterday from the audiologist. I've tried it with my W3, W2, SE530, and SHE9850. All of them sound much better with the UM56. With the W3, the mid-bass hump is less noticeable and extends well into the low end. The treble has less sparkle, smoothed out, and I can discern more detail. The midrange sounds more forward (comparable to the W2 with universal tips). With the SE530 the treble opens up and bass has more thump and impact. I can feel the vibration in my ear canals. I wonder why I waited so long to get them.

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #33 of 33

Quote:
Damned this forum, damn it to hell!!!

Well for making me spend money anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

My UM56 custom molds for my UM2s arrived today and all I can say is OMG!! I thought they were fantastic before...but now, well I haven't taken them out yet.

I'm just listening through an iPod nano at the moment, with the foam tips I had to have the EQ on treble booster but it's totally unnecessary with the UM56s, I now have a flat EQ and it's still totally awesome. Bass is solid and deep, treble very crisp and not too forward.

I can see I'm going to have to listen to everything again
evil_smiley.gif

Buy these, buy them now!!

Oh yeah forgot to add, the soundstage seems to have opened out a lot more too.

How wright you are!
I began with the Eternas only,and then,went to the PK1s,and then,with the Hifiman HM801,and then,with the UM3Xs,and then,who knows...
Life is so short,so,don't worry.
Have a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back