UM Tiple fi 10 remoulding + extra 2 driver ,waiting on production
Mar 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

henrylee

100+ Head-Fier
Hi ,

Im about to get my triple fi 10 either remoulded today or tomorrow ,i live in Hong Kong and there is a Unique melody agent there.
Would it be worth to add a extra driver as well as remould for around 150 pounds or around 240usd ?

I want to know whether it actually sounds good with the extra mid driver added in ,I've seen plenty of mixed reviews and not shure which one to trust or listen to ?

Thank you in advance

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 16
I strongly suggest just going with a straight remold. Adding a mid driver changes the sound signature, and you may not like it. You already know what the sound signature of the TF10 is, and a straight remold will just refine and improve it. If you don't like the TF10's sound signature as it is, then I'd honestly suggest going with a different IEM altogether rather than spending money on a gamble.

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 16
=Bump sort of concerned anyone have any experince or seen any indepth reviews for triple fi 10 + mid driver, i've used the search option btw couldnt find anything indepth 

Thanks

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 16
x3 for nixing the extra driver. I personally love the sound of the TF10; after taking a look at the FR graph, it looks like the extra driver exaggerates the mids a bit beyond my liking. Although some companies claim that mids need a boost with the deeper insertion of a custom.

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #9 of 16
When I emailed Sam from UM over a year ago and asked about the TF10 + driver, he said that the UE11 was used as reference for tuning. It should achieve 90% or more of the sound sig of the UE11. I had it at one time and got it reshelled by another company that did a bad job and had to send it back for refits. After the last refit came back worse than before, I decided to sell it out of frustration. I should have gotten it reshelled by UM to begin with. From what I remember, it had the most bass impact I've ever heard from BA iems. I actually got the TF10 again from ebay for cheap and have already sent them to UM for a remold and additional driver.

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 16
Zomg so excited!

Just got my ear mould done (weirdest feeling ever) and sent it away through this place in Hong Kong (www.ordio.com) they are going to put two extra drivers (mids) total of 5 drivers (dual low,dual mid,and a high) aparantly is going to have the highs of ue11 ,lows and mids of Jh13 .Hoping they'll do a good job ,in three weeks i'll do a review/impression of it . :D

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #11 of 16
Heh..I used FS-Digital to add a mid-bass driver to my ER4

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #12 of 16
I'm thinking of having a piano installed in my cx-300s. Anyone try this mod?
blink.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Heh..I used FS-Digital to add a mid-bass driver to my ER4

Nice,i was going to use that to begin with but found out that the oridio is cheaper is $2000 for remould + 2 drivers where as is $2200 for 1 driver in fs digital.However i don't know which one is better quality etc....,have you gotten your back yet i would like to know whether they are good or not.

Quote:
I'm thinking of having a piano installed in my cx-300s. Anyone try this mod?
blink.gif

Yeah I've tried something similar last week i added a pair technics sl-1200 mk3 to my ipod earbuds as my portable rig pretty some say it felt too heavy but im cool with that, pretty decent will never go back to my edition 10 ultrasone + cowon j3 + rsa hornet

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
Nice,i was going to use that to begin with but found out that the oridio is cheaper is $2000 for remould + 2 drivers where as is $2200 for 1 driver in fs digital.However i don't know which one is better quality etc....,have you gotten your back yet i would like to know whether they are good or not.

Yeah I've tried something similar last week i added a pair technics sl-1200 mk3 to my ipod earbuds as my portable rig pretty some say it felt too heavy but im cool with that, pretty decent will never go back to my edition 10 ultrasone + cowon j3 + rsa hornet

I used FS Digital for remold only since the price includes the ear mold and all subsequent refits if the first try doesnt work. :p
Its coming in 2 weeks...sigh. I dont actually know which company does it the best. But I wouldnt use FS if you're adding drivers, since the price is...wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back