ULTRASONE Technology...does other brands take care of healt like those german guys do ?
Feb 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

STAXXER

New Head-Fier
hello everybody,
this is my first post after few hours spent of viewing your posts, today i got registered on to ask you if does you know other brands on the worldwide market to own technologies about healt safety like Ultrasone do , i mention some like:
  1. safer hearing
  2. ULE technology
  3. S-logic     

Honestly everything started with my seeking for a headphone with tremendous bass like the XB series by SONY  (because i don't like how they looks for everyday use around the city) on head-fi forums ,but next i was looking on some brand websites for specs and i found these really good technology on Ultrasone website so i think that healt come first,and before to think to buy that i want talk and ask to you guys about .

I sent an email to Ultrasone asking about one model with deepest bass , but , i know that will never find something that sound so low like XB series.

Thank you

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 8
This also interests me x]

If it was between Ultrasone and a comparable high end can from another company, I would go with Ultrasone as they're the only ones I know of that take the preventative safety measures.

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 8
Honestly my Ultrasone's sound wonderful too - but it's nice that certain safety features have been established. And as far as I'm aware the whole "making headphones safer" thing hasn't been progressed much by other headphone manufacturers.

And for the bass department I run the Pro 750s and I like them - but I wouldn't call them bass-head cans. They're bassy-not bloated. Honestly though the purity of the sound that they emit is incredible - I was listening to some music yesterday and continued to be wowed by how clean the sound seems. Pro 900s will be a future investment of mine - but for the now the Pro 750s will do :p.

To really "omph" the bass you'll want a decent amp - my pro 750s work fine without an amp, but the structure of the sound improves when you add an amp.

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 8
Ya I find it hard to believe as well...I mean, many of us are sitting listening to our headphones with a cell phone right next to us, near receivers/amps etc. and directly in front of a computer and computer monitor.  I think that any electromagnetic radiation given off from the headphones is the least of our concerns with all the other stuff around us.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Well no, there is nothing confirming that the radiation creates some problems, but if you can take preventative measures & reduce emissions anyway, why not? Better to be safe.

It makes one feel more..secure.

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #8 of 8
Hey guys I think you right ,i mean it's true that we get a lot of radiation from a few devices day by day , but, I think that reduce the risk of a little bit it's worth the price,and the safe hearing technology is another good thing to own if you listen for 2 or more hours per day.

However Ultrasone make pretty good sound headphones so maybe i'll consider it for my next buy, and who knows maybe i'll replace all my headphones one time at all with this  "healthy" new one . 

Now I have just to decide wich Ultrasone model will suit my needs ,but ,this is another thread.

I will make another research inside the head-fi forums to find something about that would help me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back