Ultrasone Signature Studio, Impressions and Information Gathering Thread
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #91 of 118
The openness and clarity are remarkable. I’ve had Stax systems before and it’s not that far off actually. It kind of makes a lot of other closed headphones seem distant and muffled sounding. One caveat is it has a snug fit but I am getting used to it. Very light and solidly constructed too.

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #92 of 118
Two things, first of all Moon Audio now offers the Signature Studio to be modded for dual entry cable. So I will probably go ahead and pick up a pair on the very near future. Second is in response to the tight fit you are getting. I had this same problem with the Signature DJ when I got em. All you have to do is bend the headband down inward a little bit at a time until they fit looser and snug. Its something a lot of headphones require for different sized noggins. Nice free do it yourself tweak right there.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #93 of 118
I’ve actually been stretching them out overnight between a couple of books and it’s definitely helping. I remember trying the DJ Signature and I think the Studio might give a little more room inside the pads. The material seems very durable too.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #95 of 118
I’ve actually been stretching them out overnight between a couple of books and it’s definitely helping. I remember trying the DJ Signature and I think the Studio might give a little more room inside the pads. The material seems very durable too.

Signature studio actually does have better pad depth, so the comfort in the ear contact point is better! They are tight, but they are actually lighter than some of the other Ultrasone models, I think they made quite a lot of efforts to build them this way.

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #96 of 118
How Do you clean the leather headband of the ultrasone signature pro headphones ? It has become quite slippery inside the headband after years of use.
Do you use leather wash or something like that?

Nov 3, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #97 of 118
How Do you clean the leather headband of the ultrasone signature pro headphones ? It has become quite slippery inside the headband after years of use.
Do you use leather wash or something like that?

Signature Studio has just been released, there's little chance they are already slippery :smile_phones:

Basically, there are two options.

Either use leather friendly cleaners, and pray that they don't attack the leather, but still clean it

Or you replace the headband :darthsmile:

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #99 of 118
Hi guys,

Quick question. What's the difference between Ultrasone Signature Studio and Ultrasone Signature Pro?

Is it just the pads? Do both have the same drivers?

What about Ultrasone Signature DJ and Ultrasone Signature DXP? They both have the same drivers? Are they very bass heavy?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #100 of 118
Hi guys,

Quick question. What's the difference between Ultrasone Signature Studio and Ultrasone Signature Pro?

What about Ultrasone Signature DJ and Ultrasone Signature DXP? They both have the same drivers? Are they very bass heavy?

I’m wondering the exact same thing regarding the Signature Pro vs Studio. Also, if anyone could compare either to ZMF’s headphones (especially Blackwood) or LFF/Enigmatic Audio I would HUGELY appreciate it. Limited info on all these sets...

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #101 of 118
Though I never have heard the Signature Pro, I almost bought them, but Drew at Moon Audio swore up and down to me that the DJ was where it's at. I still would like to try them someday. Best thing would be to do is to message Ultrasone, their honest answer to the sound differences may surprise you as well. Or contact Drew, at Moon-Audio, he would tell you. He probably has heard more Ultrasones than most.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #102 of 118
Hi guys,

Sig DJ is more bass heavy and has less treble / smoother treble than Sig Studio... I'd usually require some 5 - 7 dB of 16 kHz treble added via EQ, sometimes even more for Sig Dj, where I don't add any for Sig Studio...

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #103 of 118
I will even go as far as too say that you have not heard a top of the line Ultrasone headphone without a hardwired mod. It bypasses that thick metal between the cables and the plug and whatever else is behind the plug, then whatever cable going to the other channel. Then there is that awful peircing highs that appear, especially in the right channel with no proper connection which is even worse. I mean to tell you if you ever want your upgrade itch rubbed hard, this is a must try with any good headphone with a single entry plug, especially.

Some headphones have this already, like the Ultrasone Edition 8, even with the stock cable, sounds amazing. So much so I decided not to sell them after having an evening with them.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #104 of 118
Some headphones have this already, like the Ultrasone Edition 8, even with the stock cable, sounds amazing. So much so I decided not to sell them after having an evening with them.

Ok so I’ve read everything there is on the internet about the Signature lineup and it seems the DJ may be the best for me. Only concern is that a few people said the mids were recessed and the bass is extremely strong (but good). While I do love me some rumble, I’m afraid it could get overwhelming. And thanks to you, Ekolite, I am now interested in the Edition 8. If you don’t mind, how does the E8 conpare to the DJ? I love how much more elegant and luxurious the E8 is/looks and if they have similar sound I may just go for those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back