Ultrasone Pro 900 Owners, your opinion?
Mar 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, no I meant the furniture felt stoppers. I put one on the middle hole and one under the driver cover. Make-up pad on top of the felt stopper under the driver cover. I'm having a hard time getting the pads down to size, I agree the full pad is killing the bass.....although mine are aren't broken in yet so I'll wait before doing more.

Um...HUH ? I only used two total felt stickies, just like shown in this thread :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/how...ml#post5248583

Whatever you do, DO NOT put a felt sticky directly under the driver !!! It has to be offset as far as possible. Only one felt pad goes on the metal part, and that one goes over the middle hole .... the other felt pad goes onto the inside back of the plastic ear cup, OFF CENTER from where the driver is.

The felt affects the mids and highs, NOT the bass !! Only the cotton pad effects the bass. My cotton pads are EXACTLY like the one in the photo in the link I posted above, but where Kees used the whole pad, I peeled in in two, then peeled THAT layer in two. Basically ending up with a cotton pad 1/4 as thick as the one shown in the photo in the link above.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What system do you drive them with?

Look man .... You can take it straight up from me : At the recent Boston meet I attended, I tried my 900s on a MK3, a Beta22, a Gilmore GS1, and various tube amps ...

So basically I tried the 900s on some of what most people consider "the best" solid state amps available. Having said that, my lowly Rudistor NX-02 sounded SO MUCH BETTER with my 900s than it did with those other amps, it wasn't even close !!!!

You don't have to believe that, but it is waaaay true.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by downsize /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um...HUH ? I only used two total felt stickies, just like shown in this thread :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/how...ml#post5248583

Whatever you do, DO NOT put a felt sticky directly under the driver !!! It has to be offset as far as possible. Only one felt pad goes on the metal part, and that one goes over the middle hole .... the other felt pad goes onto the inside back of the plastic ear cup, OFF CENTER from where the driver is.

The felt affects the mids and highs, NOT the bass !! Only the cotton pad effects the bass. My cotton pads are EXACTLY like the one in the photo in the link I posted above, but where Kees used the whole pad, I peeled in in two, then peeled THAT layer in two. Basically ending up with a cotton pad 1/4 as thick as the one shown in the photo in the link above.

Got it, thanks! Did you wait until they were fully burned in? I'm only at about 40 hours....

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by downsize /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look man .... You can take it straight up from me : At the recent Boston meet I attended, I tried my 900s on a MK3, a Beta22, a Gilmore GS1, and various tube amps ...

So basically I tried the 900s on some of what most people consider "the best" solid state amps available. Having said that, my lowly Rudistor NX-02 sounded SO MUCH BETTER with my 900s than it did with those other amps, it wasn't even close !!!!

You don't have to believe that, but it is waaaay true.

I think Rudistor has been in collaboration with Ultrasone so that may explain the synergy. Never heard one but what did you say? I could take it straight up from you. You don´t want a Slee solo
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got it, thanks! Did you wait until they were fully burned in? I'm only at about 40 hours....

I really don't see it mattering either way. You will instantly hear the change it makes, but won't fully appreciate the sound of the cans regardless until they are fully burned in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back