Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #5,371 of 5,992
Quote:
I was just hovering over amazon, about to buy the 900s when I refreshed the page and they went on a lightning sale! They're on for only $199 if you buy them during the next ten minutes or so. So if anyone is on the edge about buying them, now is the time!

I grabbed 2 @$199 each.  Already have 750 but I never sell my stuff so...  I'm stuck with 2 900s and 1 750.  (Well, I'm pretty sure I'll end up giving one 900 to a friend eventually.)  

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #5,372 of 5,992
Quote:
I grabbed 2 @$199 each.  Already have 750 but I never sell my stuff so...  I'm stuck with 2 900s and 1 750.  (Well, I'm pretty sure I'll end up giving one 900 to a friend eventually.)  

Good job! You could probably even sell a pair and make a profit...    
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #5,373 of 5,992
Howdy guys, many MANY moons ago I was a frequant hater of the pro 900s :D and I'm happy to say Soon I'll be trying these as part of a Head Fi trade! YAY but I still want to try these, and I'm still skeptical of the validity of S-logic q.q

still got a pair of Dt 990s today [many say these are an open version] of the closed pro 900 so who knows if S-logic works with my ears I might be a BELIEVER...

What do you mean by "the validity of S-LOGIC"? :confused_face_2:

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #5,374 of 5,992
For those of you who still have the box, does yours have a misspelling on the back? Under the "PRO Box contents" section on the back of mine, it says "Neutrik plug, one straight (lenght 1.5m)." It also doesn't have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter like it sometimes says it does, but rather has one 3.5mm terminated cable and one 1/4" terminated cable. I got it from Amazon, so I don't think it's a fake....

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #5,375 of 5,992
For those of you who were wondering how these compare to the DT770's, I posted an initial review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/653978/ultrasone-pro-900-vs-beyerdynamic-dt770-80-ohm
I'll flesh it out a little once these burn in.

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #5,376 of 5,992
Quote:
God can't believed I missed out on the Amazon lightning deal. If someone here who has bought the 900s on Amazon recently and isn't satisfied with them, I'll be glad to take it off your hands (I'll pay of course)
wink_face.gif

I was listening to some Dubstep last night as was thinking how much I miss my Pro 900s. Most FUN pair of 'phones I've had. If that lightening deal ever happens again, I'm going to be all over it.

beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #5,377 of 5,992
hey, can someone with the ultrasone pro 900 please post earcup dimensions and depth of the earcup??

I really want to try them, but if they don't fit my ears I don't want to bother buying them, loving the sound, and then having to return them hahaha

thanks!

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #5,379 of 5,992
For those of you who still have the box, does yours have a misspelling on the back? Under the "PRO Box contents" section on the back of mine, it says "Neutrik plug, one straight (lenght 1.5m)." It also doesn't have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter like it sometimes says it does, but rather has one 3.5mm terminated cable and one 1/4" terminated cable. I got it from Amazon, so I don't think it's a fake....

I can confirm my amazon ordered pair came with the two different terninating cables as opposed to the adapter. Will have to check the box later on though

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #5,380 of 5,992
Quote:
2 inch diameter inside, about 9/16 inches deep uncompressed.

that seems like a really shallow earcup depth to me... do you feel like you ear presses up against the inside of the driver? have you experienced any comfort issues after long periods of wear?

thanks for your help!

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #5,381 of 5,992
I checked it again; I was measuring the outside of the pads. The inside is a little deeper, but I don't have any rulers that will measure to the end. They are kind of shallow, but they seem comfortable enough to me. The main detractor to the comfort is the clamp pressure with these, and the small amount of padding at the top. I'm less sensitive to comfort with headphones than some people (Senn HD650's feel very comfy, just headphones like Grados make my ears hurt), so YMMV.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #5,382 of 5,992
Quote:
What do you mean by "the validity of S-LOGIC"?
confused_face_2.gif

oh you know, S-Logic only works with a certian kind of ears "so the say" it's why the Ultrasone cans are LOVE or hate... because if ur ears are "wrong" then s logic sounds "bad" or... so they say! Still I'll demo these eventually. Although I proably won't like them... for the FIRST time today I eq'd the bass DOWN on my dt 990s :O there was seriously to much of it and it pissed me off [and I was listening to Rusko :O] 

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #5,383 of 5,992
I currently own Hfi 780's, I am considering upgrading to the Pro 900's. Anyone here have experience with both cans that could share any key differences between the two cans? 

Sound and comfort are my two main concerns. 

Thank you all in advance for any feedback. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #5,384 of 5,992
Hello all. Just signed up on the forum to share a tidbit about my purchase and to possibly get some feedback. I ended up buying the Pro 900 the other day as I have been looking for some closed headphones for a little while now after my Audio Technica ATH-m50 purchase.

Before buying, the things I have learned were that the bass was excellent on the ultrasones, and the mids/highs were recessed. All of the reviews I have came across the upper frequencies being recessed also mentioned shortly after that it still sounded great! i.e. "...a bit recessed. Don't get me wrong, these are still great sounding headphones...."

I don't consider myself a basshead: I don't like loud, MAX SPL but I do like rich, deep bass that you can feel a rumble in your chest cavity. I do believe the Ultrasones PRO 900 gives me that but a lot of my music incorporates lots of vocals, piano, symbals? types of sounds... I am actually trying to figure out what is the genre of music I have started to listen to...so excuse me for not being fairly accurate: chillstep, progressive House?, uplifting trance, classical here and there, a little bit of hip-hop, 1 or 2 dubstep songs, pop, RnB, the Skyrim soundtrack.

Anyways, I have been playing music through them between 50-75 hours now and at this point, I don't see them improving (running out of a FiiO USB DAC/AMP combo). So am I correct in concluding these aren't the headphones for me?

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #5,385 of 5,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by eac3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[...] I don't consider myself a basshead: I don't like loud, MAX SPL but I do like rich, deep bass that you can feel a rumble in your chest cavity. [...]

Good luck with that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back