Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #5,131 of 5,992
Quote:
I feel it takes a few listens to realize just how awesome a track is...the zomboy song you posted...the more i listen to it the more amazing it sounds...i can for sure ear mark that track for it's clarity and clean bass alone. So, equally thanks for sharing. :)

I do have a few more tracks that I could link if your interested in liquid DnB.

I buy everything in lossless. Youtube is really just a preview for tracks because the maximum audio bit-rate of uploaded videos is only 192kbps. Lossless is when i want to take a track to the next level and the difference is usually worth the premium...and I always feel good about supporting the artist.

Yeah If you have any more tracks I'd love to hear them!! I like Zomboy! His whole The dead symphonic ep is really good! 
Man I really love that part on the nero - must be the feeling.  The bass is so loooooowww!!!

Another good song that I like is Tommy's Theme from Noisia!!

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #5,132 of 5,992
Quote:
Also a great thing to use with Foobar is the WASAPI addon component. It's why I use Foobar. Install that component then in output devices you'll see an entry similar to WASAPI: E11. By using WASAPI you skip Microsoft software audio stack. This will remove all the audio modifiers and effects that might have been enabled. Of course, if you're using OSX, none of this means anything :p
Enjoy!

Cool thanks I'll check it out! I use windows 7 at the moment

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5,134 of 5,992
Quote:
Something i noticed isnt talked alot about with the PRO 900's is the sub-bass....how does this compare to other cans, I would assume it's as good as the mid-bass.

Contrary to what some people say, they do have sub-bass, but due to higher emphasis on mid-bass, it isn't as noticeable.

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #5,135 of 5,992
Quote:

Contrary to what some people say, they do have sub-bass, but due to higher emphasis on mid-bass, it isn't as noticeable.

Yea ofc, the whole idea behind the sub roll off is to emphasis the mids, now cans that are Sub Heavy... sadly that Mid Bass Roll off just stinks <3 

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5,138 of 5,992
Quote:
Got the Wasapi add on and it sounds great!!! I love these cans!! 
I'm listening through my laptop with the fiio e11. Would I see a big difference by getting a dac? 

They scale nicely with better gear, and a better source will yield improvements indeed. Also, keep in mind the Pro 900 aren't forgiving and do reveal flaws on compressed tracks or overall low quality audio, so make sure you feed them high quality recordings.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #5,139 of 5,992
Quote:

They scale nicely with better gear, and a better source will yield improvements indeed. Also, keep in mind the Pro 900 aren't forgiving and do reveal flaws on compressed tracks or overall low quality audio, so make sure you feed them high quality recordings.

Cool! I'm re-doing my music library. Spent the whole day looking for flacs or 320 kbps songs. I listened to a low quality audio track and yeah it did sound like poo! 

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #5,140 of 5,992
Quote:
Cool! I'm re-doing my music library. Spent the whole day looking for flacs or 320 kbps songs. I listened to a low quality audio track and yeah it did sound like poo! 

Gosh don't even START me on that... I've been reading over this site for a week now just go be able to get ONLY lossless/320cbr in my collection, because they Dt 880 CRAPS OUT anything that's not Lossless or 320 CBR

But yea the Pro 900's are good with good gear, also I heard today that the Dt Pro 990 has more BITE in the bass where as the Pro 900 has more kick... any one have any idea what was meant by bite in bass? I'm thinking the Dt 990 have more detail and since they are open the Impact is A much Shorter BURST as oppossed to the preseance that it has in a closed can, so Bite as opposed to a kick 

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #5,141 of 5,992
Hey just a noob here but figured this would be a good place to ask...Has anyone bought the Ultrasone Pro 900's from Amazon? I really want a pair after reading up on them as much as I have. I can't stop staring at them on my computer! But they're sold at about $550 everywhere I look, until I get to Amazon. Amazon sells them under they're own name (so from Amazon, no other 3rd, party) for $327. I know when a deal sounds too good to be true but it's Amazon selling them so I would assume they were real. Has anyone else here bought these from Amazon, from Amazon??? Are they real or fake? or are there any differences form the ones on Amazon from the ones I'd get directly from Ultrasone? I'd appreciate some input from those who know because all I've found myself through extensive looking through forums was just more unanswered questions the same as mine. Here's the link to the site --> http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E/ref=pd_cp_MI_0 

Let me know what you know! Thanks 
L3000.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #5,142 of 5,992
Quote:
Hey just a noob here but figured this would be a good place to ask...Has anyone bought the Ultrasone Pro 900's from Amazon? I really want a pair after reading up on them as much as I have. I can't stop staring at them on my computer! But they're sold at about $550 everywhere I look, until I get to Amazon. Amazon sells them under they're own name (so from Amazon, no other 3rd, party) for $327. I know when a deal sounds too good to be true but it's Amazon selling them so I would assume they were real. Has anyone else here bought these from Amazon, from Amazon??? Are they real or fake? or are there any differences form the ones on Amazon from the ones I'd get directly from Ultrasone? I'd appreciate some input from those who know because all I've found myself through extensive looking through forums was just more unanswered questions the same as mine. Here's the link to the site --> http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E/ref=pd_cp_MI_0 

L3000.gif

aww much love for you man! I reaserached my first cans and well came upon a thread like this. I can't garantee that the Amazon store is 100% legit, but I've gotten 250+ cans on amazon without any issues

Also here is B&H Video with the Pro 900's for 327

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/584905-REG/Ultrasone_PRO_900_PRO_900_Closed_Back_Professional.html

I rather like B&H they seem plenty trustworthy, and faster than Amazon even with thier cheapest USPS shipping some times! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #5,143 of 5,992
Much appreciation, I noticed this site and that's when I got into the debate of unbalanced vs balanced but I'll be doing most listening from an ipod on the go probably with a new portable amp 
biggrin.gif
, so unbalanced is fine. And thanks for the tip about shipping times, I want theses babies here fast!

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #5,145 of 5,992
Quote:

L3000.gif

I actually bought my pair last year during Black Friday on Amazon for roughly the same price. They've been good to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back