Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #4,426 of 5,992

Quote:
Υοu'll have to email them that you want the silver ones and they will give you their paypal account...
As soon as you pay them they will send you the pads.
Smooth and easy transaction...

Thanks for reply.. I will do that!

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #4,427 of 5,992
Well I use the ZO 2.3 with my S9 and Atrio. If I want to listen to the PRO900 I have to switch to the E11 for the S9. But they are my indoors only headphones. The DJ1 look quite interesting but it is a little bit over the limit I am willing to spend(the cheapest in UK are at 117£). Preferably I would like to spend less, up to 100£.  
Quote:
If it helps make up your mind i use my DJ1 every day on the metro,on the bus and generally listening to EDM on the go..
Great isolation,no leakage and plenty of punchy bass and clear sounds..
If you tweak your S9 eq settings then you will get extraordinaire bass from these cans..
To be honest i spend more time with DJ1 than with my 900's and i love it's sound signature..

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #4,429 of 5,992

Quote:
The DJ1 look quite interesting but it is a little bit over the limit I am willing to spend(the cheapest in UK are at 117£). Preferably I would like to spend less, up to 100£.  

Save some money more then...
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #4,430 of 5,992
I have got the money, it is just my GF who can not understand how anybody can be spending such money on headphones. But I think she is getting used to my "addiction" 
biggrin.gif
 so we will see 
cool.gif

Any other suggestions are welcome!
Quote:

Save some money more then...
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #4,431 of 5,992
Hey, can anybody help me? I'm planning on buying the ultrasone pro 750, because I don't have the type of money to pay for the pro 900. I know this is a pro 900 thread, but I really like the pro 750. Am I going to be missing out on a lot, because my budget isn't quite up there with 500 or 400 dollars? I just need some help, because everybody says the pro 900's are way better,but they say the pro 750s have good bass as well.I'm so confused, because I have no idea if i should buy them or not.

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #4,432 of 5,992
Just recieved the Fiio E17 and oh my God......... This thing pumps out some BASS 
basshead.gif

Really, I'm the a huuugge basshead but bass boost at +10 is just too much for me, have it at +6 now, and it still vibrates my face when listening to Pendulum or Feed Me xD. Also, the rest of the sound improved a lot, the pro 900 sounds much more cleaner now and at -2 the treble is on the perfect level. Love this thing! 
L3000.gif

If you want to get some more bass out of your 900's, believe me, this is the solution!

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4,433 of 5,992

Quote:
Just recieved the Fiio E17 and oh my God......... This thing pumps out some BASS 
basshead.gif

Really, I'm the a huuugge basshead but bass boost at +10 is just too much for me, have it at +6 now, and it still vibrates my face when listening to Pendulum or Feed Me xD. Also, the rest of the sound improved a lot, the pro 900 sounds much more cleaner now and at -2 the treble is on the perfect level. Love this thing! 
L3000.gif

If you want to get some more bass out of your 900's, believe me, this is the solution!

Glad you like the E17. Now I want to try one! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #4,437 of 5,992
Man I really wish more amps would implement the huge amount of boost/tame options like the Fiio e17. Also, can the bass go up by 10? I thought it was 5 settings to add and 5 settings to subtract for both bass and treble. If it goes all the way to bass boost +10, that would be quite ridiciulous :D

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #4,438 of 5,992

Quote:
Man I really wish more amps would implement the huge amount of boost/tame options like the Fiio e17. Also, can the bass go up by 10? I thought it was 5 settings to add and 5 settings to subtract for both bass and treble. If it goes all the way to bass boost +10, that would be quite ridiciulous :D

Well it does -10 to +10, but in 10 steps. So you have 0, +2, +4, +6 etc. I've red somewhere that +10 equals +14db, so +8 will be around +11db. I use +8 and yes, it really is awesome :)

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4,439 of 5,992
Oh I see. Would love to play with one of these amps one day. Maybe I will try to get in a head-fi meet in Toronto next time it shows up. Seems like the E17 is selling like mad cakes according to this forum.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #4,440 of 5,992

Quote:
I would personally highly recommend trying to fetch a broken pair of Sony XB700 or even good ones for a decent price and slap them on the PRO900. For me the silver pads would have costed about 50-60  euros shipped to UK if I recall that right. That was straight from Ultrasone as I could not find anywhere else where to buy them. So I have bought a pair of XB700 for which I paid around 40£ on ebay, slapped them on the PRO900 and have been a happy camper since 
biggrin.gif
 the pads from XB700 fit the PRO's ideally, they add a lot of isolation and somehow makes this headphone even better. Even the bass. As well with the XB700 earpads they leak A LOT LESS than with the original pads. Now my GF can actually sleep while I'm listening to some dnb on my pc 
basshead.gif

And did I mention how freakin comfortable those earpads are? It actually feels nice to have them on, not even listening anything 
smily_headphones1.gif
 its that good.
So honestly I wouldn't go trough the struggle of trying to get your hands on the silver pads. I haven't tried them but IMHO it is not worth it.

Now if somebody could recommend me a more portable headphone in a lower price range something up to 100£ (~150$) max(but would like to keep the price as low as possible). Or even similary sized headphone for hardcore basshead which I could use for travelling on the metro and which could take a little bit of abuse ?
As you can see I own probably one of the best basshead full size headphones and as far as I am concerned THE best bass-oriented IEM. Now I am looking for something in between. Again I am  going for 100% basshead satisfaction but I don't want the other aspects of the headphone to be rubbish like the overall freq.response or comfort.

Somehow I was leaning towards the XB500 (the cheapest in UK is 40£) just because there are some people who swear by their bang for the buck and that the XB700 earpads are soooo comfortable.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Did you have to do any modding to the XB700 pads like gluing them onto your PRO 900s?? Or did they fit nicely over the 900s??

I'm going to get myself a pair of the PRO 900s soon and want to upgrade them with those nice, soft, cushiony XB 700 pads
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back