Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,917 of 5,992

Quote:
Once in awhile, on eBay, you see 110mm circular pleather pads. I don't see any listed today (110x90 ovals only). They usually list for around $7/pair.

Someone posted on this thread (or another one) that they purchased them, tried them, and are very happy with them.

I even wonder if there are local shops which do custom upholstery which would be willing to do a quick job for people.

There are also the Jmoney lambskin pads. I believe he sells those for about $60-$70. They are generally well-reviewed.

I might have to give those a try. I really need replacement earpads that are more comfortable + isolate better than stock. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #3,918 of 5,992
Hello, i've just got an ultrasone pro 900. I read a lot about the headphone in this thread
and i found it very nice after getting it. It's got a very interesting bass color. I liked it a lot.

I am planning to use it especially for watching movies at TV from dvd or bluray. The voice
has got a very fascinating depth and 3D feeling when watching movies.

I am planning to get a fiio e9+e7 combo for listening from mac and for portable use. Do
you have any other recommendationsover these?

Thank you very much.

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #3,919 of 5,992
Are you driving them unamped? If you do, you'll like them even more amped. E9+E7 is a very good combo for Pro 900, I don't think there's a better option for the price anyway.

Quote:
Hello, i've just got an ultrasone pro 900. I read a lot about the headphone in this thread
and i found it very nice after getting it. It's got a very interesting bass color. I liked it a lot.

I am planning to use it especially for watching movies at TV from dvd or bluray. The voice
has got a very fascinating depth and 3D feeling when watching movies.

I am planning to get a fiio e9+e7 combo for listening from mac and for portable use. Do
you have any other recommendationsover these?

Thank you very much.

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #3,920 of 5,992
Thank you very much :)

For now i am using a desktop amphi, but when listening from pc and iphone i dont
have a special amphi, so i am planning to get e7+e9 combo for amphi+dac solution in
the beginning. Its good to hear also pro 900 users like you recommend this combo.

Maybe in future i may get another portable amphi also for my listening character, maybe
hornet can be, for balancing mids and boosting vocals etc. But i think i will
decide it after getting used to headphone after burn in time.

And can i ask some thing? I admire it especially when listening to TV (bluray-dvd's)
, i have a bluray/dvd player which is cabled to tv with HDMI, and i can place headphone's
jack directly to TV's headphone intro. Do you recommend something extra for boosting
this sound? I dont have a direct output from bluray player, the combo
e7+e9 have an input which tv's rca output can be cabled into this, do you
think does it make a difference?

Thanks a lot :)

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #3,921 of 5,992
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #3,922 of 5,992

Quote:
I might have to give those a try. I really need replacement earpads that are more comfortable + isolate better than stock. 

Yenny, since I last posted, I ran across this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486173/custom-ear-pads-pics

The person demonstrates how to make your own. It would also work with various leathers. For example, if there's a Tandy Leather near you, they list a square foot of lambskin at $8. You may be able to make your own, out of whatever you want. Seems like it's an easy task.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #3,926 of 5,992
Quick blurb:

I purchased the Ultrasone Pro 900's about 3 months ago after lurking this site way too much in the free time I didn't have.

Best decision ever.

Personally I enjoy these cans paired with a Fiio e10!

Its nice to know there are others out there that like the very "musical" qualities that only these 'phones seem to possess!

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #3,927 of 5,992
About to return the beats pros i got from my Mom from Christmas to purchase these headphones. I have a few questions though:

How are the noise isolation on these headphones? Better than beat pros isolation?

Also what are the size of these in comparison to beat pros as well? Smaller larger?

And are the comfortable to wear?

Sorry to compare these to beats, buts its only for isolation and comfort, obviously sound is a given lol. Thank you

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #3,928 of 5,992
About to return the beats pros i got from my Mom from Christmas to purchase these headphones. I have a few questions though:

How are the noise isolation on these headphones? Better than beat pros isolation?

Also what are the size of these in comparison to beat pros as well? Smaller larger?

And are the comfortable to wear?

Sorry to compare these to beats, buts its only for isolation and comfort, obviously sound is a given lol. Thank you

Beats have better isolation especially with ANC. Also better passive. PRO 900s the same size, but probably more durable. Both are equally comfortable, I'd put the Beats ahead though if your head is larger. Haven't worn Beats for extended periods though.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #3,929 of 5,992
I was considering to get beats pro before getting pro 900, i tried it a lot. The bass of beats pro is
also fantastic and there is a very clean noise etc. But after some time the bass tires you,
it's not same with pro 900, pro 900 gives the bass where the music leads to but with beats
pro the bass is dominant all the time and it'S tiring.

BEsides the material of beats pro is titanium and seems more solid and durable compared to
pro 900, but it makes a lot of stress on your head after 30 mins. I couldnt hold it after
30 mins besides my head is not small. Pro 900 is not the most comfortable headphone maybe
but i can watch movies with 2-3 hours long. You can feel some pressure after 1 hour but
it's bareable but with beats pro i couldnt hold them longer, so if you have a chance
try beats pro on your head and give decision in my opinion :wink:

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #3,930 of 5,992
I actually current own the beats pro. I'm not impressed with the sound but I do like there passive isolation and their feel/comfort. Really need to know how the Pro 900's isolation pairs up.

Quote:
I was considering to get beats pro before getting pro 900, i tried it a lot. The bass of beats pro is
also fantastic and there is a very clean noise etc. But after some time the bass tires you,
it's not same with pro 900, pro 900 gives the bass where the music leads to but with beats
pro the bass is dominant all the time and it'S tiring.

BEsides the material of beats pro is titanium and seems more solid and durable compared to
pro 900, but it makes a lot of stress on your head after 30 mins. I couldnt hold it after
30 mins besides my head is not small. Pro 900 is not the most comfortable headphone maybe
but i can watch movies with 2-3 hours long. You can feel some pressure after 1 hour but
it's bareable but with beats pro i couldnt hold them longer, so if you have a chance
try beats pro on your head and give decision in my opinion :wink:

Beats Pros do not have ANC. Do you own any of the compared headphones?

Quote:
Beats have better isolation especially with ANC. Also better passive. PRO 900s the same size, but probably more durable. Both are equally comfortable, I'd put the Beats ahead though if your head is larger. Haven't worn Beats for extended periods though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back