Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #3,736 of 5,992
I have the Pro 900 and the bass literally vibrates my earlobes and I can physically feel the bass in my throat as well as my eyeballs. Trust me, they are not only punchy, they go DEEP.

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3,737 of 5,992

Quote:
I have both and the Deonon's have better sub-bass.  

Yeah I read through the thread but a lot of the posts are contradictory. Like one says  the pro900 is better for dubstep and another says that the Denon has better sub bass which I don't understand since dubstep revolves around sub bass
confused.gif

Anyway here is another example of the bass I'll be listening for.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3,739 of 5,992
Quote:
I have the Pro 900 and the bass literally vibrates my earlobes and I can physically feel the bass in my throat as well as my eyeballs. Trust me, they are not only punchy, they go DEEP.

Well he is looking for a comparison to the D2000. The Pro 900 definitely goes deep but in comparison to other cans (ala D2000), the deep rumble wasn't as well defined and didn't go as deep as what I've heard (imo). Just my two cents.
Up to Wysockisauce to decide.

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #3,740 of 5,992
Just popped on the Pro 900s to listen to the new Roots album. Man I forgot how fun these were. They wouldn't be my choice for an all-around headphone, but when you're craving some head-shaking bass, these are just what the doctor ordered. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #3,741 of 5,992

Quote:
Just popped on the Pro 900s to listen to the new Roots album. Man I forgot how fun these were. They wouldn't be my choice for an all-around headphone, but when you're craving some head-shaking bass, these are just what the doctor ordered. 

The best description I've ever read of the Pro 900 came from a review of the 1964Q:

The PRO900 is an infamously divisive headphone, a love-it-or-hate-it beast of a can--one of the most polarizing that can still be considered hi-fi.  It's terrifyingly revealing, chewing up low bitrate and poorly mastered songs and spitting them directly into your eardrum like daggers.  The bass on them is capable of shivering your earlobes--literally--and the highs tiptoe delicately on the line between painful razor-sharpness and an exciting fireworks-like sparkle.

I love mine. I'm saving for customs but selling the Pro 900 is just NOT an option.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #3,745 of 5,992
Hi,
I got my PRO 900 used for 100 euros like 2 month ago =)
So, I lurked in this thread for like 2 month too ^^

I have a HD-25 and had a Phiaton MS400, and I have so much fun with the Ultrasone (and without blowing my ears like with the Senn, if the Ultrasone goes deep, the Senn goes tight, ouch).

So, I just wanted to ask what amp would you get ? =)
I'd use it as a preamp for my Ditton Celestion 66 too, and the source is an E-MU 0204.
I thought about a Matrix M-stage, but always asking, you know, I'd like to pick the best choice and spending time searching it is quite interesting ^^

( + Danny has the Burial avatar <3)

Bye and sorry for my English ^^

(And thanks, by the way)

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #3,746 of 5,992

Quote:
I trust the guy with the Burial avatar
wink.gif

I'm actually gravitating towards the AH-D5000 now. Thanks for all the replies.

D5000 bass is as big as D2000 bass right?

@ Sakharov  ; )
( + Danny has the Burial avatar <3)  

I love it when people notice the Burial avatar.  Simply amazing artist.  I've never heard the D5000 but would love to.  Please let us know how the bass sounds.  I markl modded my D2000 and didn't like it so I traded it away today, but before the mod, I preferred the bass much more.  

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #3,748 of 5,992

Quote:
The Denons are just overpriced, here, in Europe
frown.gif

Yes, its a shame. All Denon's gear are always overpriced in Europe, especially in France.
mad.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #3,749 of 5,992
I listened to both of those tracks through my Pro 900s (and also A/Bed it to my XB-500s, which have even more sub-bass than either the Pro 900 or the Denons), and it played them just fine.  The quantity wasn't quite as high as the XB-500s, but it was still satisfactorily rumbling and head-vibrating.  Those two particular tracks had only sub-bass though.  I would think the difficult thing is tracks that have both mid-bass and sub-bass.  In that instance the Pro 900 is going to seem like it doesn't do sub-bass as well just because it has so much mid-bass.  The Denons are more even in their bass response, so mid and sub bass are going to be more equally loud, which may or not suit your desires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back