Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #3,708 of 5,992
I am in desperate need of replacement screws for the baffles. Has anyone here ordered screws that work/fit?

Thanks in advance!

P.S
I've grown to love my 900's again. I was about to sell them because of my modded Fostex T50RP's but they both have their pros/cons. I kind of want to say that they are opposites of each other (The 900's has very nice highs and lows with present mids, and the T50RP has forward mids with present highs and lows)

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #3,709 of 5,992
Nov 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #3,710 of 5,992
Which setup should I go with when I get the Zo2?
X-Fi > E9 > Zo2 > Pro 900
or
X-Fi > Zo2 > E9 > Pro 900

I currently use the big jack cable with my Pro 900 so the latter setup seems more convenient because the Zo2 doesn't have a big jack output and also I have speakers connected to my E9 via the minijack ouput. Does someone know how each of the mentioned setups will affect the audio?

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3,711 of 5,992
I just acquired these headphones yesterday and it has taken a while for me to find the right spot to get the right sound out of them. Unfortunately, like one of the other posters here, I am having trouble getting the full bass from these units. After realising I had these cans way too far forward on my head, the sound improved dramatically. It feels like to me that the clamping force on my head just isn't enough to get the driver near my ear enough so as to properly preserve the bass. The mids and highs are very clear to me, its just the bass suffering. I'm coming from Super.fi 5 EBs remolded into a custom shell so I know its some big shoes to fill. I can hear the sound I want if I apply just a little more pressure to the cups. Which there was a way to "tension" these up without pulling out the duck tape :p.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #3,712 of 5,992

Quote:
Apparently editing is broken in ie7.  Crappy work computers won't let me upgrade to ie8/9, and my security policy won't let me use any other browser.  :frowning2:  There are a few additional things you need to keep in mind, so I reposted my original here, including my updates.

Thank you benzo!
You are always helpful and have great input.  

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #3,713 of 5,992

Quote:
lololololo it really IS just screw out, screw in -____________- at last thats what ive heard,.

I was looking for input on how to do it besides just screw and unscrew.  I don't want to pay over $70 for a XB700 for the pads and mess it up.  
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #3,714 of 5,992

Quote:
Which setup should I go with when I get the Zo2?
X-Fi > E9 > Zo2 > Pro 900
or
X-Fi > Zo2 > E9 > Pro 900

I currently use the big jack cable with my Pro 900 so the latter setup seems more convenient because the Zo2 doesn't have a big jack output and also I have speakers connected to my E9 via the minijack ouput. Does someone know how each of the mentioned setups will affect the audio?

No E9

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3,715 of 5,992

Quote:

I'm not gonna get rid of it. I assume the E9 is a lot better as an amp than the Zo2. They should be able to work together without problems. I'm only buying the Zo2 for its audio enhancing capabilities, not it's amplification capabilities. Unless you want to elaborate on what you just wrote?

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #3,716 of 5,992
don't use the E9 with the Zo is what i'm saying, double amping sounds terrible.

both will also be fine at driving the Pro 900
mine sounds divine with the ZO.

go listen to graduation by gemini when you get it.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #3,717 of 5,992
I have a really bad feeling about the Zo2 now. I think I'm gonna pass on it...

I already had trouble understanding how the Zo2 can enhance the bass without it having negative consequences on the mids and highs. I saw this as an experiment. But now I realize my E9 will become totally useless and thus a waste of money, I think I'll rather save the money and not buy the Zo2.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #3,718 of 5,992

Quote:
I have a really bad feeling about the Zo2 now. I think I'm gonna pass on it...

I already had trouble understanding how the Zo2 can enhance the bass without it having negative consequences on the mids and highs. I saw this as an experiment. But now I realize my E9 will become totally useless and thus a waste of money, I think I'll rather save the money and not buy the Zo2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14vtHqJ5mPU&feature=player_embedded

That's how. It dosent "only" raise the bass, it affects everything , no matter what, it will sound better. but yeah, you already have an e9...id get an e11 so, x-fi>e9/11 combo>phones and itl soung amazing

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3,719 of 5,992
I prefer it without 
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #3,720 of 5,992

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14vtHqJ5mPU&feature=player_embedded

That's how. It dosent "only" raise the bass, it affects everything , no matter what, it will sound better. but yeah, you already have an e9...id get an e11 so, x-fi>e9/11 combo>phones and itl soung amazing

That video didn't really explain anything. From my understanding the Zo2 is purely analog, so obviously the same effect can't be added digitally which a youtube video is. I assume the video is for illustrative purposes, cause if not the same effect can be reproduced with software.
Anyone here who got a Titanium or better X-Fi card who can compare the Zo2 with the X-Fi Crystalizer? Cause the Crystalizer directly ruins the music (it claims to extend the dynamic range as well but does so at the expense of mids and very apparent distortion on high levels), which is also a thing I'm afraid the Zo2 will do. Sorry for being so skeptic, it's probably annoying to you guys, but I simply try not to buy into all the hype and instead rely on facts.

Edit:
I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that it makes more sense to ask digiZoid itself these questions. I'm copy/pasting it in here because I was only able to contact them through a form, so I want a copy of my message available, and also others might be interested in their answer.

Quote:
Hi. I'm considering buying the digiZoid Zo2 for christmas, but I'm concerned about the technology. I don't know if you are familiar with Creative's X-Fi sound cards, along with their Crystalizer technology. If you are, can you please explain to me how the Zo2 differs from the Crystalizer? If you aren't familiar, I can tell you that the purpose of the Crystalizer is to extend the dynamic range of the audio, but it does so at the expense of mid-range frequencies. I'm concerned that the Zo2 has a similar effect. Also, can you explain to me why the effects of the Zo2 can't be emulated digitally? I see you have a demonstration video on YouTube, but I assume it is only for illustrative purposes unless in fact you can emulate the effects of the Zo2 digitally. Can you clarify this? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back