Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,566 of 5,992

Quote:
I'm confused. Everyone's been talking about stuff along the lines of "holy **** bass in yo face causin brain damageeeee", but I can't really hear/feel that insanely powerful bass you've all been talking about. I'm using an E7 to drive this BTW.

EQ out the sibilance + turn up the volume, add a Sonic Maximizer in there, and add a room simulator like TB_Isone.

Then try :p

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #2,567 of 5,992
Hey can anyone show me how to attach the j$ denon lambskin pads to the ultrasone pro 900? I'm thinking about buying a pair to see if the isolation, bass, and comfort is much better. Also, would like to see pics of the pro 900 with the j$ pads.

Some people say that the j$ pads decrease bass, others say it increases it. Can anyone tell me which for sure?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2,568 of 5,992
Quote:
Hey can anyone show me how to attach the j$ denon lambskin pads to the ultrasone pro 900? I'm thinking about buying a pair to see if the isolation, bass, and comfort is much better. Also, would like to see pics of the pro 900 with the j$ pads.

Some people say that the j$ pads decrease bass, others say it increases it. Can anyone tell me which for sure?

Thanks

You will have to cut the velour and padding off one of the stock pads and superglue or sew the jmoney pads onto the sprocket.  They will increase the perceived bass because of the better isolation.  I can't speak to the comfort, but they look close to the XB700 pads in padding, so they'll probably be a helluva lot more comfortable.

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,569 of 5,992

Quote:
Quote:

You will have to cut the velour and padding off one of the stock pads and superglue or sew the jmoney pads onto the sprocket.  They will increase the perceived bass because of the better isolation.  I can't speak to the comfort, but they look close to the XB700 pads in padding, so they'll probably be a helluva lot more comfortable.

Do the j$ pads have a ring on them for the denon headphones? I saw an unboxing video and it had none but then I hear people say you have to twist to lock them on the denon headphones.

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #2,571 of 5,992
Quote:

Do the j$ pads have a ring on them for the denon headphones? I saw an unboxing video and it had none but then I hear people say you have to twist to lock them on the denon headphones.

The J$ Pads do not have a lock ring on them when you buy them, you have to SACRIFICE two of the stock Pro 900 pads to get the lock ring. Then simply hot glue (or super) them on and BAM! But be sure to align them up perfectly when you twist them or ur screwed.... just sayin'
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2,572 of 5,992
I finally decided on an amp to go with my PRO 900: Emmeline SR-71.
They probably don't help with the harsh highs but I will see if they can improve punch of the bass and soundstage even further.
Got a great price for a 2nd hand deal and I haven't really looked into alternatives. I just have to start somewhere.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #2,574 of 5,992

Quote:

Thanks

Mine should be here Monday. I'll let you know how badly I screw it up. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #2,575 of 5,992

Quote:
I finally decided on an amp to go with my PRO 900: Emmeline SR-71.
They probably don't help with the harsh highs but I will see if they can improve punch of the bass and soundstage even further.
Got a great price for a 2nd hand deal and I haven't really looked into alternatives. I just have to start somewhere.

I think that Emmeline will pair nicely with your PRO900 as Ray's amps are more on the darker side with excellent musicality.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #2,576 of 5,992
In preparation for my JMoney/900 earpad destruction and upgrade, should I go the glue route? Is there a good extremely adhesive glue, that in theory can be cleanly removed (maybe with rubbing alcohol or something) should I make a mistake, or one day want to get a pair of Denons? 

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2,577 of 5,992
Quote:
In preparation for my JMoney/900 earpad destruction and upgrade, should I go the glue route? Is there a good extremely adhesive glue, that in theory can be cleanly removed (maybe with rubbing alcohol or something) should I make a mistake, or one day want to get a pair of Denons? 

Crazy glue.  Seriously. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #2,578 of 5,992
Thanks Digital-Pride, you saved my day. :)
It was really a very spontaneous purchase and it actually worried me a little because I didn't research enough. But the price was great and I thought I can always resell it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #2,579 of 5,992
 I'm thinking of buying some Terminators, but I'm not sure yet. I had the V3 deep cup but I'm hearing that the regular cup versions have more bass. I'll decide after I get my XB1000 pads on my 900s and see how they feel and sound.

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #2,580 of 5,992

Quote:
 I'm thinking of buying some Terminators, but I'm not sure yet. I had the V3 deep cup but I'm hearing that the regular cup versions have more bass. I'll decide after I get my XB1000 pads on my 900s and see how they feel and sound.

Let me know what you think of them.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back