Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2,476 of 5,992
 I just looked at the impressions from people who have the cable, and they say there's a difference, so I got it. I also bought felt pads so I can try the Kees mod. I'm not doing the cotton wool though, I bought these for bass, that would be defeating the purpose.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,477 of 5,992
Well I shouldn't chime in too much about the cables since I never tried them with my Pros. However, searching the two big Ultrasone threads shows more than a few with firsthand impressions with the Blue Dragon cable. Haloxt did have a good write up on it like I said, and he brought up some valid points-just trying to neutralize some of the cable hating in this thread since there are two sides to that story with the BD/900 combo.
But alas, the skeptics usually whine loudest, and attempt to get personal, huh MalVeaux? You're "proof" might blow in from the coast this weekend, btw. 
popcorn.gif

-Daniel

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #2,479 of 5,992
I think Headfi is full of enough cable debates, but having had a Pro900 with and without a Blue Dragon Cable I thought I would drop my 2 cents in.

The Blue Dragon cable is a very well made cable, and if you want to change the termination, length or color of your cable, then why not spend your hard earned at Moon Audio, Drew deserves it.

I am not even going to attempt to give an opinion on whether cables change the sound, but anyone who makes the claim that they make drastic difference to the sound is in my opinion, dreaming.

Before you invest in an aftermarket cable for your Pro900, ask yourself these two questions:

1. How does the right driver change in direct proportion to the left, without changing the internal wiring? Assuming you get a screw in as opposed to hard wiring the headphone.
2. Why does an after market cable always improve the things that need improving?  Tames the treble, tightens the bass, increases the sound stage.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #2,480 of 5,992
Well that was real helpful Kernmac. Tell us you have the cable and headphones in question, give us no hint of possible sonic changes, then offer up meaningless skeptical questions? Gee thanks. I believe you were the one who noticed NO SONIC changes, right? And if I understand your questions right, #1: The screw in type wouldn't affect either driver differently, since it is not hardwired, correct? And #2: It doesn't always improve things. Depends on the headphone and cables, I'd presume.

-Daniel

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #2,481 of 5,992
Quote:
Well that was real helpful Kernmac. Tell us you have the cable and headphones in question, give us no hint of possible sonic changes, then offer up meaningless skeptical questions? Gee thanks. I believe you were the one who noticed NO SONIC changes, right? And if I understand your questions right, #1: The screw in type wouldn't affect either driver differently, since it is not hardwired, correct? And #2: It doesn't always improve things. Depends on the headphone and cables, I'd presume.

-Daniel

You musta missed my post on the last page.  And I thought his two questions, if slightly nonsensical thanks to him murdering English and a little sarcastic, were perfectly valid.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #2,482 of 5,992

Quote:

-Daniel

Presume what ever you like.  I think my post is pretty clear.  Anything more explicit and you will claim biased "cable hater".  But as you seem to have missed the subtlety I will give you what you want and then I will leave this thread before it gets caught up in yet anther useless debate on cables.-  In my experiences cables make no discernible sonic difference, whether they make any sound difference at all I do not have a clue. But they do not make drastic changes as some have claimed.  To spend money on cables expecting sound improvement is not just roulette, it is wasteful, IMO.  Happy?

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #2,483 of 5,992

Quote:

You musta missed my post on the last page.  And I thought his two questions, if slightly nonsensical thanks to him murdering English and a little sarcastic, were perfectly valid.

Pot meet kettle, but you did it in just one sentence.  It is a forum not an English class d*ck.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #2,484 of 5,992
 Anyway, I bought the cable because I'm thinking there's going to be a difference, even if it is very slight. Maybe there won't be a difference but that's just a gamble that I am taking. I can't join the arguement because I haven't even heard the headphones period let alone with the new cable. LOL Anyway, I'm very excited to get them and I will post impressions, including how they stack up vs my XB1000s.
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #2,486 of 5,992
Slickman: Be sure to burn the Pros in at least a few days before doing any AB comparisons with the cable-and put on your flame suit and report back if you could! :)

Benzo: I basically responded to your other post in my post #2477. Basically saying I was reporting that others here had favorable impressions with the Moon cables specifically with the Pro 900s.

Kernmac: I'm not calling you a cable hater-I couldn't care less really. I do find it a bit strange that you claim no sonic differences and in the same sentence claim to not have a clue about sound differences? Sonics=sound, no? I'm not trying to get personal-I've enjoyed many of your 900 impressions, along with everyone else's for the most part. Keep it up.

-Daniel

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #2,488 of 5,992

Quote:

Kernmac: I'm not calling you a cable hater-I couldn't care less really. I do find it a bit strange that you claim no sonic differences and in the same sentence claim to not have a clue about sound differences? Sonics=sound, no? I'm not trying to get personal-I've enjoyed many of your 900 impressions, along with everyone else's for the most part. Keep it up.

-Daniel

No discernable sound difference, means I can't hear a difference.   Whether there is a measurable difference I don't have a clue.         
Whether there is a measurable electronic variation/sound/sonic difference I don't know.  Albeit, I belive there hasn't been any measurable proof of change at any level that I am aware of.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2,489 of 5,992
I understood the direction of your post, I just don't need your support and your patronizing comments.  Your original post got the response it deserved.

Quote:
I'm glad the irony wasn't lost.  And I was supporting you...though, you know, sarcastically.  Way to gracefully take a joke.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #2,490 of 5,992
Fair enough. Thanks for the impressions. :)

-Daniel

Quote:

No discernable sound difference, means I can't hear a difference.   Whether there is a measurable difference I don't have a clue.         
Whether there is a measurable electronic variation/sound/sonic difference I don't know.  Albeit, I belive there hasn't been any measurable proof of change at any level that I am aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back