Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #2,191 of 5,992
Kanye West's So Appalled Goes Pretty Low too if I Remember, as does Three6Mafia's Late Night Tip.  That Young Jeezy song is pretty low!  At first I thought it was weird to have just the two low tones and a silent tone, but then I up'd the 32hz band on my EQ and finally heard the rumble from it.  That's something considering I'm using the D2000 to listen to it.  Time to get a solid state amp that doesn't roll off at the lowest lows!

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #2,193 of 5,992
I haven't upgraded mine yet, but I am getting new j$ pads.

Would very much like to try some blue dragon cables as well. But thats for another day. 
Quote:
Few questions:

What is the Kees mod and is it worth it?

Is it worth it to upgrade pads/cables?

Thanks.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #2,194 of 5,992
Hey guys I have an amp at home. But im going to be using my 900's mostly at work so I'm not sure whether to get the E11 or the E7. I know the amp on the E11 is more powerful, but how much more powerful is it compared to the E7. 

I use a macbook pro at work to listen to music, but I mostly listen to through Pandora so I don't know whether I will be even able to hear the benefit of the dac from the e7.

@Zoqi

Do they make J$ pads for the 900's or are you ordering the ones for Denons ?

I want to get some pads that provide more comfort and isolation. 

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2,196 of 5,992

Quote:

Mal, I should have listened to you from the get-go and bought my PRO900s before anything else.  I do love my Grados, but there is nothing like the Ultrasones for the music I listen to at work.  The Best of Dubstep 2011 albums are awesome...I've got all three.  :D  Even Skrillex is growing on me since he released the video for Rock & Roll...I think I "get" him now.

How long should I burn them in for?  There are some crazy-ass numbers out there.

Me too!  What a freaking great deal on Amazon, huh?  I used the other money I saved up for the PRO900 to order a digiZoid ZO...I got the last one from this production run.  Extremely nice people they have working there.

friggin awesome man, dubstep it up!

can't wait till this one is released

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #2,197 of 5,992
I listen to electronic music for the past 15 years from artists like Kevin Saunderson to Carl Cox and i can say without doubt that dubstep is the crappiest genre of all time..
Sorry for the off topic and fans don't take this personal..
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,198 of 5,992
I consider myself more of a junglist, but I do like some dubstep.

There is good dubstep, mainly the 'old skool' (yes I know dubstep is not old) producers who were there at the beginning. Skrillex is almost single-handedly turning dubstep into some sort of joke genre. The mainstream rubbish that is about nowadays is not in the true spirit of the original dubstep sound IMO.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #2,201 of 5,992

Quote:
i dunno why but i cant stand anything with a female vocalist period. the sound of a womans voice just makes me think of them bitchin or something.

With the Pro 900s...or women in general lol. My main complaint with these phones is that most vocals and instruments never seem to sound tonally correct...which may explain why don't really like them for my musical tastes. They are worth more than their weight in gold for movies and games with DH though, imho.

-Daniel

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #2,202 of 5,992
well if ur the type of person that wants a completely accurate studio monitoring type headphone dont get the pro 900. And I mean all women any speaker set up. I listen to music to get away from hearing nagging women running their mouth i dont want to hear them in my music.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2,203 of 5,992

Quote:
And I mean all women any speaker set up. I listen to music to get away from hearing nagging women running their mouth i dont want to hear them in my music.

I feel for you,quite frustrating indeed....
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #2,204 of 5,992

We think alike when it comes to women lol. A necessary evil...

-Daniel

Quote:
well if ur the type of person that wants a completely accurate studio monitoring type headphone dont get the pro 900. And I mean all women any speaker set up. I listen to music to get away from hearing nagging women running their mouth i dont want to hear them in my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back