Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #1,726 of 5,992

Quote:
I looked at the contents of the Fiio e9 box and it comes with a power cord and a usb cord, so how do you connect it to the creative titanium hd? Also, I am planning to use the e11 with my desktop (unless i switch to e9) so will I be able to charge it as I'm using it?

Unfortunately, because of the way the E11's virtual ground is designed, you won't be able to use it while it's charging.  Besides using your soundcard's headphone out, does it have line-out capabilities?

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,727 of 5,992

Quote:
Unfortunately, because of the way the E11's virtual ground is designed, you won't be able to use it while it's charging.  Besides using your soundcard's headphone out, does it have line-out capabilities?

The Titanium HD has RCA out, optical out, and headphone out.  I might be missing something but I know it  has those.

Plus it list as a feature: Headphone out with 115dB, 24bit/96kHz support High-Definition (HD) quality sound for original playback.

PS...Just got off my butt and checked mine.  It has optical in, optical out, RCA, headphone, and MIC.

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #1,728 of 5,992

Quote:
Ah man, I'm about 1 click away from ordering these 1-day shipping from Amazon. I've got my Pro 2900 coming as well. Looks like I have a comparison on my hands...

EDIT: Okay, it's done. These have been ordered and arrive tomorrow. They'll keep me company until my Pro 2900 comes. Loser hits the FS forums.

aren't you the guy that got rid of the 900s for audio technica ad700s? I bought ad700s because of your review.

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,729 of 5,992

Quote:
Ah man, I'm about 1 click away from ordering these 1-day shipping from Amazon. I've got my Pro 2900 coming as well. Looks like I have a comparison on my hands...

EDIT: Okay, it's done. These have been ordered and arrive tomorrow. They'll keep me company until my Pro 2900 comes. Loser hits the FS forums.

I just ordered them too with overnight shipping! I legitimately lingered at the place order page for the last 2 days lol... So excited, these are going to be my first fullsized headphones!

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #1,730 of 5,992
Just got my Silver Dragon cable in today from Moon Audio.  Very interesting indeed. It obviously brings out the mids and gives you a better signal. The bass get diminished from the more accuracy.  Since i like bass I eq it bass heavy, since that is why i own these.  When i switch back and forth between cables, i actually get a visceral feeling. I switch back to the stock, and it sounds "brighter" and distant.  At first it actualy sounds better, it puts a smile on my face as if i just found 50 bucks on the ground.  Then i switch back to the Silver Dragon, and off the bat the bass isn't there anymore, but more accurate, and everything is just "smooth".  I get a visceral feeling like the hot chick in the room smiled at me.  I feel .. at ease. And i find myself not really caring if it is better or not....just knowing that i am going to keep it.

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,731 of 5,992
The blue dragon will give you that peak in clarity & detail with waaaay more subass.

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #1,732 of 5,992

Quote:
Just got my Silver Dragon cable in today from Moon Audio.  Very interesting indeed. It obviously brings out the mids and gives you a better signal. The bass get diminished from the more accuracy.  Since i like bass I eq it bass heavy, since that is why i own these.  When i switch back and forth between cables, i actually get a visceral feeling. I switch back to the stock, and it sounds "brighter" and distant.  At first it actualy sounds better, it puts a smile on my face as if i just found 50 bucks on the ground.  Then i switch back to the Silver Dragon, and off the bat the bass isn't there anymore, but more accurate, and everything is just "smooth".  I get a visceral feeling like the hot chick in the room smiled at me.  I feel .. at ease. And i find myself not really caring if it is better or not....just knowing that i am going to keep it.

on behalf of other people that will look at this thread later, i hate you very very much. My wallet is thin enough without you saying how much you love your new cable.......i was enjoying my time looking at this thread from time to time because people were going to compare the 2900 to the 900s, then i find your comment. Arghh, my wallet feels like going to whereever you live with a baseball bat. But because i'm probably too poor to travel anywhere, I'll just end this by saying you did a good job in screwing my wallet/bank over =]

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #1,733 of 5,992

Quote:

on behalf of other people that will look at this thread later, i hate you very very much. My wallet is thin enough without you saying how much you love your new cable.......i was enjoying my time looking at this thread from time to time because people were going to compare the 2900 to the 900s, then i find your comment. Arghh, my wallet feels like going to whereever you live with a baseball bat. But because i'm probably too poor to travel anywhere, I'll just end this by saying you did a good job in screwing my wallet/bank over =]

sorry dude! some people think cables are a waste of money, so you can look at it that way too.
i bought it thinking i dont want a stock cable, and the stock cable comes out, so i threw down the 250.  I could have sold the headphones and saved up for edition 8, but i like the headphones, why upgrade?
you personally might think it is a waste of money, so ya never know!
If you buy the 900s and think they sound ok (make sure to burn in), but could sell them easily (some people think they are crap), forget the cable.
The cable is for people who like this signature, and want to put a thin layer of cream on their very liked pudding.
I would have to be starving before i sell these, or take a chance on edition 8s. 

For me, i am a big fan of neurofunk/tracks with serious synth bass. No headphone i have heard does synth bass like the 900s, so its a keeper for me.  Cable upgrade made it personal.

So test try them for month or two minumum, then decide on whether you want a cable upgrade.

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #1,734 of 5,992

Quote:
The blue dragon will give you that peak in clarity & detail with waaaay more subass.

for subbass i use my darth beyers, don't you wish you were me? :D

at the end of the day it breaks down to which type of way i want to rattle my brain.

i still havent figured out which i like more for bass (in general)

but i can safely , very safely say, that for synth bass / nuerofunk  (my favorite kind of music), pro 900s Da Da ..Destroy.

i did i little tiny review here as a add-on

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541498/hifi-bass-thunderpants-vs-darth-beyers-vs-pro900-update-reviews/105#post_7553763

where i rated the darth beyers slightly higher than the 900s in overall bass.

but with my addition of a silver dragon cable, they are pretty even. Now i have no clue what i like better.

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,735 of 5,992
100hrs in and the bass just made a late arrival. All I can say is amazing. I'm going to delay my review, I think these need more burn in.

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #1,736 of 5,992
Quote:
aren't you the guy that got rid of the 900s for audio technica ad700s? I bought ad700s because of your review.

Yup, that would be me. Soundstage impressed me too much. But my music collection has more bass oriented music now.
Unfortunately, my old HE-4 and my current SRH940 make the AD700 absolutely unlistenable. I haven't used them for the longest time.
We'll see how they scale with the EF5 as well. But I did want to try them out of my MP3 again also. I'm quite excited actually.

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #1,737 of 5,992
I received my Blue Dragon today and unfortunately I'm still not a cable believer after initial testing. If there are differences between it and the stock cable they must be so subtle that I cannot perceive them or I'm just awful at noticing them. I was expecting increased sub-bass from other people's impressions, but I really can't notice it. I'm not disputing what other people hear, just saying that I can't hear the same thing. I was at least hoping for some placebo effect to appease me after spending so much coin on a piece of wire, but alas no!
frown.gif

Oh well, the cable looks pretty at least.

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #1,738 of 5,992

Quote:
I received my Blue Dragon today and unfortunately I'm still not a cable believer after initial testing. If there are differences between it and the stock cable they must be so subtle that I cannot perceive them or I'm just awful at noticing them. I was expecting increased sub-bass from other people's impressions, but I really can't notice it. I'm not disputing what other people hear, just saying that I can't hear the same thing. I was at least hoping for some placebo effect to appease me after spending so much coin on a piece of wire, but alas no!
frown.gif

And isn't having a prettier PRO900 what all this cable talk is really about?
wink_face.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #1,739 of 5,992

Quote:
frown.gif

well shamrock you made me go a/b my cables again.  i have the silver dragon not the blue dragon too, you know this.  After about 3 minutes i can safely say there is a difference which i hear as soon as i hear sound.  Is it worth 250? for me yes.  Is it subtle? for me yes.  do i think i hear better than you? yes 
biggrin.gif

for me as soon as i plug the silver dragon cable in, there is a change in the sound signature.  It almost reminds me of when you put any kind of sound through a compressor, (google audio compressor if you don't know shamrock 
beyersmile.png
), the sound is more "cleaner", and less harsh.  

ill buy that cable from you if you don't want it.  i would love to a/b both cables.
popcorn.gif

for me....i can't go back to stock.  it is a subtle changer, very small.  Its not like a eq'd the bass up +3db.  Those "grainy" bits that the 900 seem to put out, is smoothed out.  I highly doubt it is the difference in cables.  

Blue Dragon = Copper
Silver Dragon = Silver

yet another reason i would love to a/b both of them and post what i hear or what i "think i hear" ~

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #1,740 of 5,992
How do you quickly A/B compare the cables? I feel like part of the problem might be that by the time I've unscrewed the stock, removed it, then replaced it with the BD I've "forgotten" how it sounded originally!
biggrin.gif

I've tried comparing them with tracks that have very familiar basslines to me, but I couldn't really say for certain there is a difference/improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back