Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #1,666 of 5,992
save up for better and preferably warm sounding amp and sound card/ dac, it will pretty much eliminate the grainy sound.. but still,, i'll stay away from bad recorded song if i were to listen to pro2900.. 

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #1,667 of 5,992
So it looks like you guys have convinced me to wait a week and get the 2900 instead of the 900. I originally wanted to find out how a closed Ultrasone sounded since all the ones I have currently are open/semi-open (hfi-2200, hfi-15g, hs-15, zino). I'm really addicted to the soundstage that open ultrasone cans give you and I don't know if I'd be able to deal with going smaller, I still have to check to make sure I have my headphones plugged in and that my speakers are off when I listen to music.

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,668 of 5,992
yeah, remember, Spectrum Audio has it for $385 if you add it to cart, and many of the better known stores price match, I wouldn't pay MSRP unless you had to. They would be worth it though. I'm amazed that more people don't have these, they're perfect. I don't know how much longer I should wait to do a review, they changed massivly in the first 10-20 hours, but they don't seem to be going through too much change right now. The PRO900 is quoted for 200 hours so I'll give them some more time. If the bass doubles again I don't know what I'm going to do. 
beyersmile.png

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #1,670 of 5,992
$415, I ordered on a Saturday, he shipped out UPS ground on Monday, it arrived Wednsday. I was really impressed with how fast he replied. I tried to get headroom to price match but they said that that was lower than they got them for and they wouldn't do it.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #1,672 of 5,992
I'm about to throw up!
I ordered these mid May. First package apparently mysteriously disappeared, I had to struggle with the post office and request a replacement from the seller.
Now the replacement should have arrived on Thursday but it didn't even get here two days later. I'm very nervous to say the least!

I gave my Zino to this hot chic I ****ed as a gift (carved in her name on the inside of the headband, haha) and sold the 780s - I don't have any headphones at the moment!

I now notice how strongly I'm addicted to energetic music! **** this, I'm gonna party 'til I puke tonight!

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #1,674 of 5,992
confused.gif

Quote:
I'm about to throw up!
I ordered these mid May. First package apparently mysteriously disappeared, I had to struggle with the post office and request a replacement from the seller.
Now the replacement should have arrived on Thursday but it didn't even get here two days later. I'm very nervous to say the least!

I gave my Zino to this hot chic I ****ed as a gift (carved in her name on the inside of the headband, haha) and sold the 780s - I don't have any headphones at the moment!

I now notice how strongly I'm addicted to energetic music! **** this, I'm gonna party 'til I puke tonight!

Jun 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #1,675 of 5,992
     Quote:
I'm about to throw up!

It seems to me after reading your post that your party night has already started.
tongue_smile.gif
  Just don't drink and drive!

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,676 of 5,992

Quote:
I'm about to throw up!

.... lmao

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #1,679 of 5,992
Very encouraging mate! Was planning to use them with Silent Cinema too. What AVR you buy?

I've got the RX-V1067. Upgraded from my old RX-V863.

Quote:
I bought a new yamaha av receiver today and let me tell you these cans sound superb watching movies with silent cinema mode. I just wish I'd done this sooner :)

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #1,680 of 5,992

I've got the RX-v371BL which I believe is the entry level model of the 2011 series of yamaha AVRs. I am pretty much only using it for silent cinema so thats why I got the cheapest model. I also have an astro mixamp and to me personally silent cinema is much better than dolby headphone, but I haven't tried silent cinema with any multiplayer games yet which Is one thing I think DH does extremely well.

Quote:
Very encouraging mate! Was planning to use them with Silent Cinema too. What AVR you buy?

I've got the RX-V1067. Upgraded from my old RX-V863.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back