Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #4,951 of 5,992
I'm selling my Pro 900 headphones here if anyone is interested in making a saving:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/628427/ultrasone-pro-900-uk-and-germany-200-gbp-or-250-eur

£200 or 250 Euros

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #4,952 of 5,992
Quote:
I'm selling my Pro 900 headphones here if anyone is interested in making a saving:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/628427/ultrasone-pro-900-uk-and-germany-200-gbp-or-250-eur

£200 or 250 Euros

q.Q' I think it's still cheaper to buy them new with US Dollars... [why because our money is LAME atm] 

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #4,953 of 5,992
nice review dude :wink:
for now im using pro 900 with asus xonar essence st card but im gonna buy matrix m stage amp and connect it to the card (i will use my card as DAC)
i hope the bass will hits harder and cans will got more "meat" :D 

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #4,955 of 5,992
Quote:
nice review dude :wink:
for now im using pro 900 with asus xonar essence st card but im gonna buy matrix m stage amp and connect it to the card (i will use my card as DAC)
i hope the bass will hits harder and cans will got more "meat" :D 

Yea that's the thing I wonder about my self, do I want more bloomed meaty bass or a dryer bass... guess I'll find out before the year is over... 

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #4,956 of 5,992
The day has arrived, I now have the Pro 900! No amp, no burn-in...so take anything i say as less then....ideal. These are honest impressions and my general thought stream as my day progressed with these..

So when i first put them on my head, clicking around in windows sounded *crispy* and new...interesting. I started with carbon based lifeforms - frog to eaaase in the headphones at low volume...Quite excited, subduing the anticipation...hmmm nice I am hearing details i have never heard in this song before, mostly in the background. It's pleasent...my other headphones seem to have just smeared eveything togeather without speparation or something...errr moving on to a faster track now...MITIS - Born...crispy...hmmm where did the mid's go? *Adjusts headphones* ah there it is! not recessed at all! excellent. Just move the headphones back and upward so the pads are resting on your ear lobes...

I even made a pic cause i was so impressed with the difference..

There now where was I....okay so bass...nice, i am satisfied. Subass seems deeper in some tracks compared to my Fatality headset...midbass is similar to fatality headset but ALOT cleaner, refined, much less muddy and bloated and with a sharp kick! ah...The highs are crispy...hmmm female vocals have been saved! They sound great...excellent...Love EDM with females..love them females. Okay i am hearing detail in tracks i never heard before, possibly because of the boosted highs. The sibilance is not bothering me one bit...it only seems to come out in certain tracks...hard to notice unless you switch headphones...it becomes apparent then but there just seems to be so much detail in those crispy highs. Played some games...BF3 is great...all those explosions all the hearty bass...and combined with the crispy highs...awesome detail and average positioning...better then the fatality headset. Ummm lets play Black Mesa SOURCE! hell yeah....whoa! the submachine gun makes my ears bleed...thats where the sibilance shows its head i guess. Back to playing music...LOUDER LOUDER HEHEHE wow...these are fun cans...the detailed highs combined with the clean bass and average mids (Much better and more forward then the fatality headset)...crispy crispy crispy clean fun for EDM!

How did i do? I tired to use relevant terms...I heard how polarizing the Pro 900's were but i knew i wanted to tame these cans and own something unique...The high highs and the low lows...they just sounded like the perfect combination for EDM when i was doing my research.

Back to the music.!

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #4,957 of 5,992
So much to look forward to on this headphone adventure....getting my ears cleaned tommorow +1, after burn in +1....and adding an amp to the mix +1...

That bass..lovely bass...I am noticing it more and more, to early to say anything concrete about it. some tracks really surprised me I am noticing bass where there was none before... some songs did not surprise me at all. must resist listening to them loud..they want you to go loud. I am loving this V shape frequency response. BASS and FEMALE vocals *high five*

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #4,959 of 5,992
The PRO900 is actually a very efficient headphone. No amp is needed IMO.

For volume, perhaps not, but everything will sound much better with a proper amp and dac compared to running them from the motherboard sound card.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #4,960 of 5,992
Quote:
So much to look forward to on this headphone adventure....getting my ears cleaned tommorow +1, after burn in +1....and adding an amp to the mix +1...

That bass..lovely bass...I am noticing it more and more, to early to say anything concrete about it. some tracks really surprised me I am noticing bass where there was none before... some songs did not surprise me at all. must resist listening to them loud..they want you to go loud. I am loving this V shape frequency response. BASS and FEMALE vocals *high five*

What Amp / Dac do you have your eyes on?  The louder you go with these the more apparent a amp is needed opposed to the computer out.  the amp will keep the bass tight.  Just my opinion.

Quote:
For volume, perhaps not, but everything will sound much better with a proper amp and dac compared to running them from the motherboard sound card.

I agree 100%  These headphones has bass that need a good amp to keep it tight.  The lack of a good amp will leave the bass bloated 'IMHO"

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #4,963 of 5,992
finally i have my Matrix M-Stage amp
sound is more "full" and clear , bass have more "meat" and its more bouncy but i miss the warm and low bass sound from my xonar ST card (its broken , im gonna buy another one and use it as DAC) :)

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #4,964 of 5,992
*facepalm* tell me about it, I'm still debating... should I try the XB 1000's or make the smart move and get some Byer Dt 880's... Who know's what will happen when the time comes for me to finalyze my decsion!

How are the pro 900's with Nu: Jazz?

I thought they were awful for jazz. If that makes up most of your listening then stay away from the pro 900s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back