ultrasone pro 750 vs. allen and heath Xone
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

soundjunky

New Head-Fier
HI,
I am going to go into sound engineering in march since its the only thing that interests me. I was searching for weeks online for headphones that produce authentic sound reproduction, so i almost got the ATH-M50. But than I decided myself for the allen n heath xone XD2-53 since it has a much bigger frequency range than the ATH's so I ordered them, but they took too long to arrive so I ordered the Ultrasone pro 750 thinking that they would be better prices originally at about $400 and cancelled the other order.

The pro 750's have just arrived and they are great, but I am looking to produce Dark Psy / psycore that ranges between 150-240 bpm and at some songs that I listen to, the bass is not as aggressive as is sounds on monitor speakers (if I push the bass up on the VLC player it just doesent sound right), and some songs seem to fast for the cans to catch up! I dont know if it is because I have it pluged in directly to the computer or because the titanium drivers are not worn in yet (ive heared it can take up to 200 hours) or if its just the headphone. (n also i dont think they will be loud enough for the mp3 played cause i already have it all the way up)

I am just not sure anymore if maybe the Xone would have been better than the pro 750

I will be very greatfull for ANY atvice or help,

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back