Ultrasone PRO 750 or Sennheiser HD 558 for Music/Gaming? (Or other suggestions)
Jul 16, 2012 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

UnluckyShot

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! 

I've been looking for a solid pair of headphones for awhile, and I've narrowed it down to two options; the Ultrasone PRO 750s or the Senn HD 558s? I would mainly be using them for music and gaming, music being the main attraction. I would also be using them with the ASUS Xonar U3 USB Soundcard/HeadAmp. Pretty sure it can easily drive both these headphones, but hey I'm open to suggestions.

I know that these are two TOTALLY different cans (Down to the open/closed backing) but their my final choices.

My question to all of you is, which pair better suites my needs? I have VERY little experience in headphones and audio in general. (If you can't already tell) So please forgive any ignorance I may or may not be showing. 

As for either of them being Open/Closed... I've heard that open headphones typically have better "SoundStage" (Basically positioning, right?) which is better for gaming and especially the FPS genre. Where as closed serves for better sound insulation. (Makes sense)

One important note/question; The 750s are AROUND EAR headphones correct? People say they are, but in pictures they just look so small! 

Well, I'll let you all have at it. 

Feel free to post any suggestions you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back