Ultrasone Pro 750 - good when listening indoors c$%p when listening outdoors....
Jan 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Peco

New Head-Fier
Just received these today (second hand so they are burnt in), they are my first set of headphones i have bought for outdoor use (they are closed in case you didn't know)

Now i listened to these in my quiet office, while the volume isn't too loud even at 15/15 on my Samsung Galaxy s3 is does pack some punch (but the bass doesnt sound a little lacking)

So i got these outside walking home and they sounded crap, quite a lot of leakage from outside and even at full volume on my Samsung s3 it still didn't deliver enough to drain out all the noise.  I couldn't hear any bass when outside

I don't think I should be having them much louder as surely it can't be good for my hearing but i was wondering do I need an amp or am i just experiencing the limitations with these headphones in terms of noise isolation?

I really want to block out most, if not all, background noise.  I love being in my own bubble.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

Limitation of it's isolation abilities; it's velour pads.

Also, while it's a rather efficient headphone, maxing out the volume on your phone for listenable volume means you probably could benefit from an amplifier. I'd go with a Fiio E11, a new Fiio E12 (when available) or JDS Labs CMOY.

Very best,

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Heya,

Limitation of it's isolation abilities; it's velour pads.

Also, while it's a rather efficient headphone, maxing out the volume on your phone for listenable volume means you probably could benefit from an amplifier. I'd go with a Fiio E11, a new Fiio E12 (when available) or JDS Labs CMOY.

Very best,

hmmm yes, as i thought, that's a bummer because i was looking for a set of headphones for commuting so obviously wanted excellent isolation

Guess im going to have to go down the IEM route to get the sort of isolation i want (i basically don't want to hear anything).  

I hate having to turn up my volume to compete with the outside noises as im very paranoid of damaging my hearing.

Not sure whether to buy an amp or just get a pair of IEM's.  I don't really want it any louder than my galaxy s3 is powering because the volume seems ok (not LOUD but ok) when indoors and I probably wouldn't have it much louder in terms of mid and treble its more the bass that is lacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back