ultrasone hfi-780 or denon d2000?
Jun 2, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #16 of 23
>the 780 will make you enjoy 192kbps MP3s more than the D2000.

thats a good thing. when I say excellent bass I mean bass that you can feel and can go very low, like a velodyne subwoofer attached to your head. there has to be a headphone that is the "king of bass" like the atrio m5 is the "king of bass" in iems, right?

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 23
btw Ive read through the forums comparing both and they said the d2000 sounded boring and the hfi-780 were the fun headphones! now im getting confused.
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #18 of 23
To my ears the D2000/5000's mids are more recessed than the 780s.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramintop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw Ive read through the forums comparing both and they said the d2000 sounded boring and the hfi-780 were the fun headphones! now im getting confused.
frown.gif

lol-the issue here is that these are both beloved headphones around here!
they also compete in the same price/performance range so one isnt clearly 'better'

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure either one will work for you.

Of course !
I think you should'n worry too much about making the wrong choice.
Dont expect to find THE review or THE opinion that will settle the decision. As long as you read , as long as you'll get confused in a 780/D2000 for trance debate !
wink_face.gif

By the way, did you consider BeyerDT770 ??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #21 of 23
I have the HFI-780s an I love them. They are bit uncomfortable until you find their right fit for your head. That and the padding takes some time to soften up. I also had this question and ended up going for the HFI-780s because I found them new shipped for $170, which was much cheaper than the D2000s. I have never heard the D2000s, so I can not compar the two cans, but I can tell you the HFI-780s are great. I don't find the lows to be too boomy or the highs to be too shrill as some people complain about, but I am somewhat unconventional in running mine out of a tube amp. As the little dot I+ is my only amp, I use that to power them. For the D2000s I heard that they were a "slower" set of cans than the HFI-780s, so that could be an issue if you like faster music. However I cannot confirm this so please don't ride off of that information without finding out from someone who has both. Either way I think you will not be dissappointed.

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #22 of 23
I don't find the D2000 boring at all, that's Sennheiser territory.
tongue.gif

The 780 has more of a weird punch to the bass, quite different from most other headphones, I call it the "Ultrasone sound".

You do have to realize, both are great headphones and I'm sure you'll like either one.

If you just want bass that will shake your head, buy any headphone and EQ it to hell, seriously. In that regard, I'll say I still like the D2000 more but you might like the 780 more because they have huge rumbling bass.

Good call on the BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm (older version). Or even the Headphile modded one
very_evil_smiley.gif
Those are serious bass-monsters.

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #23 of 23
epicfailman, yes I heard that too, that the d2000 is slow and unspectacular.
smily_headphones1.gif

fallenangel, I considered the beyerdynamic before but people said they're bass was boomy and didnt sound right, besides I really really hate their looks lol.

anyways thanks to everyone who tried to help, you are all great
biggrin.gif
I'll take whatever good offer comes to me for the hfi-780 or the d2000, thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back