Ultrasone Edition 9 Has Landed (Big Pics)
Mar 23, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #241 of 321
For anyone desparate to get the Edition 9 NOW, I offer mine for $5,000 shipped overnight. PM me if interested.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #245 of 321
Patience is a virtue... of course having a K-1000 and HP-2 in house means I could wait forever and not feel like I'm missing anything
smily_headphones1.gif
, but when my girlfriend and her daughter moves in and I need that sound isolation, I'll be wanting the Ed 9s.

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #247 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I said: Not all Edition 7 have been sold. The remaining pieces were modded to Edition 9. And now they are hunting the Ethiopian Sheep for the new ones.

Believe or not.
I'm sure.

I hope they didn't drive them to extinction! That would be a serious problem
tongue.gif

But seriously now, you might be right. I mean, the headband uses the same design and plastic parts as the PROline 750/2500, and the driver is also the same. Unless they ran out of cases, there aren't many materials left to the headphone that are exclusive to it. The only thing that comes to mind is the Ethiopian sheep hair...

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #248 of 321
Maybe Sovkiller can use some of his connections to find out what's going on? I mean, an indefinite backorder sounds very bad. If at least there was an estimate or a more precise explanation, that would help.

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #250 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote a detailed comparison of sr60's and ps-1's.

couldn't find it. could you post the link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just called NS&L to ask about the Edition 9. They said it is in "indefinite backorder status" because "they're having problems sourcing the parts to make them in Germany".
mad.gif

well if it'd speed things up they should make them out of germany - else folks will move on to the next fotm
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #251 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To believe they will tell a company secret to him is ... hmm ... xxx.
You can recolor grey to darkblue also for cheap.

Man, you are really a good partner for Patrick, the only thing that you need is now a piece of ERS paper...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Now thinking with a fresh mind, and being objective, we all know that you can do this same headphone from scratch, for cheap as well. If you tell me that they use the remaining parts from the old Edition to do this new, that is OK, but to get some already finished products, and remove this and that, and discard this and that, and replace this and that, just to sell it, that is completely absurd man....
I do not think that this headphone cost hundreds of Euros to be made, that is not a secret, for anybody, nor any other headphone in the world, what you are paying is simply the R&D, and the talent behind them, and of course the sound, the result...period...So they are making a huge profit, out of a limited item, but if they only sold ten Edition 7's (and I know more than 5 owners, myself) that only 10 pairs, probably will pay the whole investment they did on that batch of production, they do not need that crap of replacing anything....

The only person in the whole world that I know off, that is insinuating such absurd idea is you, what company secret are you talking about? There is no company secrets man, all what you do in this life, sooner or later will see the light...

There is no doubt to me now, that there are some people in Germany, Ultrasone guys apart, really imaginative.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
couldn't find it. could you post the link?

Oh no, why no leaving this thread for the Ultrasone lovers, and post those comparisons about Grados in another of the hundreds that we already have about them, or maybe a PM with hte link will be more useful....

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #252 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I waited almost a year for the ISA Diablo before selling my place in line. So I am a patient person, Certifiable.
biggrin.gif

I realize that one of the side benefits of going for the latest gear, is that it becomes an enforced training in patience.
plainface.gif
I originally started my Head-fi quest with a preorder for UE Triple-fi 10 Pros. I got all bent out of shape when the release date was pushed back from the last week of November 2006 to the first week of Dec, and cancelled my order.
mad.gif
I think that most people are still waiting for the general release of the Triple-fi, so anytime in December would have been a dream come true.
tongue.gif

Meanwhile with all this time on my hands I've managed to spend about 15 times my original purchase amount on other gear, most of which I had to wait for.
eek.gif
And I've learned that waiting is just part of the game.
blink.gif

Besides it gives my wallet a much needed breather.
cool.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #253 of 321
From Sovkiller: "I do not think that this headphone cost hundreds of Euros to be made, that is not a secret, for anybody, nor any other headphone in the world, what you are paying is simply the R&D, and the talent behind them, and of course the sound, the result...period...So they are making a huge profit, out of a limited item..."

One cool thing about this is that once the RD is paid for, because the actual production costs are low, somewhere down the road (when there is a new top of the line technology) the "old" top of the line technology can trickle down to a much lower price point. An example of this is that in about 1994 I paid $400 for my new Sennheiser 580s. Now they can be had for about $130.

I hope that this isn't wishful thinking, but I've got to do something while waiting for Edition 9s. Excuse me, I mean while I wait of the funds to appear for Edition 9s.
icon10.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #255 of 321
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any new impressions for us, mulveling?
biggrin.gif

x2
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back