Ultrasone Edition 8
Nov 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,697 of 2,099
Quote:
These are pictures from Romeo and Julia :
http://www.timelord.co.jp/brand/products/ultrasone/edition/edition8-romeo/?mode=consumer
Romeo :
The Edition 8 Romeo headphones are hand-made in Germany and represent a new, and extremely elegant, addition to the Edition range. Every single pair is manufactured with care and attributed a series number, making every Edition 8 Romeo one-of-a-kind.
With a headpad made of black-coated aluminium, the Edition 8 Romeo is truly unmistakable. The matching black-covered ear cups are designed to harmonise beautifully with the striking appearance of this refined pair of headphones. The ear cups are coated with lustrous brushed palladium. This high-quality coating ensures durability and demonstrates a superior level of hand craftsmanship.
The Edition 8 Romeo’s black ear pads are made from the exclusive leather of the Ethiopian long-haired sheep. This is the most precious leather available and provides the finest isolation of any leather.
The metal headband of the Edition 8 series typifies latest scientific knowledge in headband design and development. This unique headband design made by Ultrasone is highly developed and technical precision work. The Edition 8 Romeo headband is also covered with the very soft genuine black Ethiopian sheepskin leather. Edition 8 Romeo comes with a luxury black bag for storge and transportation.
Der Kopfbügel der Edition 8 Kopfhörer ist eine Neuentwicklung und besteht aus Metall. Für die Polsterung des Edition 8 Romeo Bügels wurde ebenfalls das hochwertige schwarze Schafsleder verwendet. Aufbewahren und transportieren können Sie den Edition 8 Romeo in einem luxuriösen schwarzen Beutel.
In addition to a titanium plated tri-bass-tube driver, these headphones follow Ultrasone´s S-Logic Plus technology which results in a most neutral sound impression with more vivid perception of voices and instruments. Of course, the Edition 8 Romeo also contains MU-Metal shielding (ULE technology) that reduces magnetic field emissions by up to 98% compared to conventional headphones.
The detachable cable is a new, flexible component for the Edition 8 Romeo and is equipped with a microphone and remote control for mobile devices and smartphones. A specially developed Android app for remote control programming can be downloaded
11fd96c6acf6479f842587fe520714b9_zpsc9781a23.jpg

2a1996fd2f23e49ffb30d185d92c5b23_zpsfe878a37.jpg

b7a438d81ffe4eda60c6b17109001274_zps61237656.jpg

895947e73a3ab99778a5c08dbe9dabb7_zps285107a6.jpg

5b5a1f802653f49c7835cacd2ab07e61_zps31d19175.jpg

Julia :
The Edition 8 Julia is handmade in Germany, and is the first pair of trend-colour headphones in the Edition range. Every single pair is manufactured with great care and given its own series number making every Edition 8 Julia one-of-a-kind.
The Edition 8 Julia is impressive, with elegant fuchsia coloured leather earpads and a fuchsia coloured headband pad. The elegantly flowing engraving on the ruthenium-coated ear cups delights the senses. The mother-of-pearl bands accentuate the charm of these delightful headphones. No band is the same as another, and each is a hand-worked individual creation. The stylish ruthenium coating does not just make the headphones extremely hard-wearing, it also adds the wow-factor with a brilliant, metallic shine.
The earpads for the Edition 8 Julia headphones are made from fuchsia-coloured leather from the Ethiopian long-haired sheep. This is the most precious leather available and provides the finest isolation of any leather.
The metal headband of the Edition 8 series typifies latest scientific knowledge in headband design and development. This unique headband design made by Ultrasone is highly developed and technical precision work. The Edition 8 Julia headband is also covered with the very soft genuine Ethiopian sheepskin leather.
Edition 8 Julia comes with a fancy white bag for storge and transportation.
In addition to a titanium plated tri-bass-tube driver, these headphones follow Ultrasone´s S-Logic Plus technology which results in a most neutral sound impression with more vivid perception of voices and instruments. Of course, the Edition 8 Julia also contains MU-Metal shielding (ULE technology) that reduces magnetic field emissions by up to 98% compared to conventional headphones.
The detachable cable is a new, flexible component for the Edition 8 Julia. This has a microphone and remote control for mobile devices and smartphones. You can download a specially developed Android app for remote control programming free-of-charge.
64c75831cb2ef07a8ef8ba3af33c0c83_zpse780521e.jpg

b496b2ebd608dbb9adac5f3613f15f01_zps3271e19e.jpg

438462bebb31744b89ea995bac697139_zpsd97a53f8.jpg

8d9a2a2162579f2db6c036dadd9f4490_zpsab51e032.jpg

0c8e69494fe1f491c0ff13b7aa701ada_zps4db2cc73.jpg

Yikes! 

Maybe October 31 is like an "April Fools" in Germany?

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,702 of 2,099
The new versions will cost something like $1300.00 usd at RMC ( > $1700.00 on the website) and Ultrasone sells them at 1399 euros in Europe.

Ruthenium model will keep at the same price, maybe with a lower price here at head fi.(from people who wants the new version, maybe? Although I don't think there will be so many offers). I guess Ultrasone is first giving another option to people who would buy Ed8 Palladium.

Anyway charging extra $200.00 bucks for a detachable cable is a steal, why didn't they put it on the older Ed.8 since the beginning? How much can it add to the total cost? 2 usd per pair? 

But, from a brand that charges 200 usd for replacement earpads (which have to be glued) I wouldn't expect anything different. If they charge this from their own consumers, whom already paid >$1000 for a headphone...

Lucky them I love Ed.8.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #1,703 of 2,099
Quote:
The new versions will cost something like $1300.00 usd at RMC ( > $1700.00 on the website) and Ultrasone sells them at 1399 euros in Europe.

Ruthenium model will keep at the same price, maybe with a lower price here at head fi.(from people who wants the new version, maybe? Although I don't think there will be so many offers). I guess Ultrasone is first giving another option to people who would buy Ed8 Palladium.

Anyway charging extra $200.00 bucks for a detachable cable is a steal, why didn't they put it on the older Ed.8 since the beginning? How much can it add to the total cost? 2 usd per pair? 

But, from a brand that charges 200 usd for replacement earpads (which have to be glued) I wouldn't expect anything different. If they charge this from their own consumers, whom already paid >$1000 for a headphone...

Lucky them I love Ed.8.

What? $100 for a change of pads? That's pretty rediculous. I'm not sure what ultrasone's model is, but I don't think it's catering to audiophiles. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #1,704 of 2,099
What do you guys expect? They have to find a ethiopian sheep (must be a rare animal, near extinction), kill it, process the leather, do all the cut and sew stuff and finally glue it on the headphone. I wouldn't be surprised if they used a special type of glue, something used on spaceships, jet planes, Mars rovers or whatever. It takes time and money! 
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,705 of 2,099
Just a note for anyone who has an earpad that has become unglued and has received replacement earpads from Ultrasone:  It wasn't totally obvious to me, but you have to remove the old cloth screen covering the driver before installing the new pad (which is attached with a 2-way adhesive ring to its own cloth screen).  

I didn't do that at first, and it didn't seem to significantly affect the sound.  But as far as I can tell, the headphones are only meant to have 1 cloth screen covering each driver.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,706 of 2,099
i was able to private demo these bad boys out for 10 mins at B&H same with the Sig Pro.. and I lovee the sound on these. Isolation is lacking a little

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,707 of 2,099
Quote:
i was able to private demo these bad boys out for 10 mins at B&H same with the Sig Pro.. and I lovee the sound on these. Isolation is lacking a little

You must have put them on improperly because anytime someone talks to me, I need to take them off to hear anything.  The isolation on these are 'active'-like.  It's easy to get a seal on these too but it helps when the weather is warm.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #1,708 of 2,099
Has anyone tried the Edition 8 with the much discussed Audioquest Dragonfly?

I bought one and it brought my ED8 to the next level, sounding very detailed and powerful.  Just more of everything.

However I have never used another headphone amp with my ED8 so I am not sure how it compares to the other amps.  Any comments and experience with the other amps appreciated.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,709 of 2,099
You must have put them on improperly because anytime someone talks to me, I need to take them off to hear anything.  The isolation on these are 'active'-like.  It's easy to get a seal on these too but it helps when the weather is warm.

trust me I had them on the right way.. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back