Ultrasone Edition 8
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #1,127 of 2,099
Hey, congrats Curly! I'm glad you ended up finding the Ed8s you liked.

I wonder when RMC's going to ship me mine... Any day now.

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my ED8.

Aww.. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?

JB

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #1,128 of 2,099
Quote:
Hey, congrats Curly! I'm glad you ended up finding the Ed8s you liked.

Thanks, but I honestly like them all!  I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours yet.  I was told that the wait for the Palladium was "just as long" as the one for the Limited.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #1,130 of 2,099
I'm gonna derail this temporarily... 

Out of curiosity what IEMs you getting?  I really want a edition 8 sound in IEMs, but I don't think it exists.

I been debating between UM Merlin/Miracle, 1964 Quads, JH16, Spiral Ear 5 way reference etc.  I'll prolly go for the Miracle, I am hoping it sounds pretty similar to an edition 8 w/ *slightly less bass slam.

Quote:
Don't mind at all... nothing bad, I still love them and all, its just that in finding my endgame in the LCD-2 rev2, the ED8 has been relegated to only a portable. In this situation I'd rather get custom IEMs for on-the-go use.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #1,131 of 2,099

Quote:
I'm gonna derail this temporarily... 

Out of curiosity what IEMs you getting?  I really want a edition 8 sound in IEMs, but I don't think it exists.

I been debating between UM Merlin/Miracle, 1964 Quads, JH16, Spiral Ear 5 way reference etc.  I'll prolly go for the Miracle, I am hoping it sounds pretty similar to an edition 8 w/ *slightly less bass slam.

I'm torn between the JH13 and ES5 right now... the UERM is also being considered and the JH16 is off the list. I don't know anything about the UM's, 1964s, or Spiral Ears.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #1,132 of 2,099

Quote:
Thanks, but I honestly like them all!  I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours yet.  I was told that the wait for the Palladium was "just as long" as the one for the Limited.

Erik said he still has one (from J.F.) 
wink.gif
 but the new ones have to ship from Germany. He says it'll be any day now. Hopefully sooner than later! 
frown.gif

Quote:
Don't mind at all... nothing bad, I still love them and all, its just that in finding my endgame in the LCD-2 rev2, the ED8 has been relegated to only a portable. In this situation I'd rather get custom IEMs for on-the-go use.

Ah, ok, that's cool too. I'd personally go for an IEM myself but I have ear ventilation problems. Which customs are you looking at?

JB

Sep 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #1,134 of 2,099

Did you ask RMC or Ultrasone CA if they have them in stock? It its waiting on a shipment to arrive from Germany, then good luck! It will easily take anywhere between 3 weeks and upto 2 months. Whenever Ultrasone shipment arrives from Germany, for some odd reason Customs take forever to release it (Usually 10 business days). Once Ultrasone receives it, then they ship it out same day it via UPS/Fedex ground (Takes 4 business days to get it from California to Tenessee). Then RMC will ship it out to you via FEDEX 2 day air. All in all, it could take a while before you receive it (That is if they don't have it in stock already). You need to call Crystal at Ultrasone Ca to ask her for shipment ETA.
Quote:

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,135 of 2,099
Just got off the phone with Erik at RMC. He says the E8's are on the way from Germany now to Ultrasone CA, and expect to be shipping them to RMC "early next week." He also added that Ultrasone CA was pretty good with timelines when they had an ETA from Germany, thus endorsing the reliability of the info. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #1,136 of 2,099
Woo! Not too long then.

Assuming the phones will be shipped to RMC on a Tuesday, RMC will get it over the weekend/next next Monday. Then RMC will ship in on Tuesday at the latest, and it'll arrive via 2-day on Thursday. 9/29 is marked on my calendar. 
L3000.gif

JB

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,137 of 2,099
hey folks, quick question about the Edition 8.  My ears measure around 6.25 cm top to bottom and I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with the fit.  An earlier post indicated that the ear opening was just about 6 cm exactly.  Can anyone comment on the sizing?  RMC has great prices but has a "no returns" policy.  Thanks!

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #1,138 of 2,099

Quote:
hey folks, quick question about the Edition 8.  My ears measure around 6.25 cm top to bottom and I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with the fit.  An earlier post indicated that the ear opening was just about 6 cm exactly.  Can anyone comment on the sizing?  RMC has great prices but has a "no returns" policy.  Thanks!

My left ear is about 60mm, and my right is nearly 65mm. It works, but my right ear starts to sore after an hour or three, or four. It's different from day to day, but if that happens, I just take 'em off for a minute or two and it'll be fine.

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #1,139 of 2,099
hey folks, quick question about the Edition 8. My ears measure around 6.25 cm top to bottom and I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with the fit. An earlier post indicated that the ear opening was just about 6 cm exactly. Can anyone comment on the sizing? RMC has great prices but has a "no returns" policy. Thanks!

My ears are exactly 6cm, maybe a millimeter over on the right, and I can say the fit is very snug. You may notice a little "squish" feeling in the bottom lobe.

Best of luck on your purchase; mine's yet to be shipped. :frowning2:

JB

For you guys with the goatskin bag: is the texture of the leather consistent around the entire bag? The one I got has a somewhat thinner feel of leather on the bottom, and my OCDness is killing me over it. Also, is it worthwhile treating the leather with cleaner and protection cream? Thanks!

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #1,140 of 2,099
Quote:

I just measured and actually the interior mesh part is 5cm, 6cm is an exterior measurement of the pad before it curls inward.  Both my ears are 5.5cm and are comfortable, but just realized my lobes are scrunched up a bit in the bottom.  It seems that I can push them up at least another half cm and down a bit, so it probably would work for you - ie. getting a seal - though cutting it quite close. I tend to go 4-6 hours daily with them in my work setup with no discomfort whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back