Ultrasone DJ1 Pros Vs 900 Pros
Oct 31, 2011 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tabeikou

New Head-Fier
Hello all !

I'm making my first steps in the audiophile hobby so don't judge me to harsh if you find question to be dumb. I currently own a pair of RP-21s but I'm thinking of an upgrade.What I need is closed, very comfy headphone with rich and detailed sound.It will be used mainly with a Sansa player and I don't like to carry amps in my pocket :) Two Ultrasone models caught my attention - the DJ1 Pros and the 900 Pros. My first question is if it is worth it to upgrade form the RP-21s to DJ1 Pros(will I find any noticeable difference)? Second question is - are the 900 pros worth the ~350 bucks ? For me (I'm a student), it's a lot money for a pair of headphones, but if it's really worth it, I'm willing to pay the price.

Thank you !

P.S. The forum is lovely, keep up the good work guys !

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 7
what music do you listen to

Nov 5, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 7
hmmm i would recommend the highly popular m50s, but i don't think they'd be a big enough upgrade.

the pro 900s might have too much  bass for some genres. unless of course you're a basshead. if you are, definitely go for them.

maybe the ultrasone 750s?

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 7
yes pro 900 are bassy headphones consider a more nutral headphones like the m50 or do want a bit more bass the hfi 580s are a good choice u need a all rounder headphones

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
hmmm i would recommend the highly popular m50s, but i don't think they'd be a big enough upgrade.

the pro 900s might have too much  bass for some genres. unless of course you're a basshead. if you are, definitely go for them.

maybe the ultrasone 750s?

Quote:
yes pro 900 are bassy headphones consider a more nutral headphones like the m50 or do want a bit more bass the hfi 580s are a good choice u need a all rounder headphones

Thanks a lot for the input guys!
I did some more research on good closed cans for general use and maybe the HDJ2000 are the right choice for all-around portable purposes. I'm also considering the HiFi780 but since I'm not a basshead, 780s will not be my first pick. What do you think ? Btw: heard the M50s and I don't think it's worth upgrading form the RP-21

Thank you,

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #7 of 7
I've own the Dj1 and the ATH-M50 simultaneously, the winner of these two is definitly the Dj1 which is basically the Hfi-580.

The soundstage is wider due to the S-Logic, more separation between tones.

The base of the M50 is more prominent but I enjoy much more the base on the Dj1. It is tighter and for techno music it's very reactive; 

very fast as some people says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back