Ultrasone anygood to replace surround system ?
Dec 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be getting a pair in a couple of days, so I'll confirm for sure.

Do you mean you'll be getting a pair of one of the Ultrasone headphones?
Specifically, I'd like you to take a look at the first post I wrote in the thread I created called "The Sound of the Ultrasone Pro (Proline) 750 Headphones" (the link is in my signature area) to understand what I generally hear when listening to music by way of the Pro 750 and it's S-Logic effect. To my ears, no other make of headphone I've ever heard has ever been able to create this very special sound stage no matter how they are positioned on my head and ears.
The unfortunate idea is that for some uncertain reason, it seems as though not everyone is able to hear the S-Logic effect. In that post (in the thread I mentioned previously) I wrote about the different proposed theories as to why this is. I hear it most definitely, so much that I find it difficult to believe that some others are unable to hear it, but I take them at their word.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 18
I would say my ultrasone HFi-780 every since I got them I haven been using my Z5500 in a while. To me that replaced my surround sound system. I do game with them on and hear my surrounding just great tho even when I not using dolby headphones. Because of the headphones sound image. But of course I listen to music with them too.

The only time I really use my speakers now is when people come over and we play some muiti player games on my main computer with Two gamepads. or if I dont feel like wearing headphones or if i home along.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean you'll be getting a pair of one of the Ultrasone headphones?

I bought Covenant's ED9s. Since they are discontinued, I decided I just had to find out whether they were God's gift to head-fi or not before the aftermarket price of them goes insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back