Ultimate feel bad/feel good movies?
Aug 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #31 of 47
I do have a couple feel good movies. Maybe they aren't that great but I was really depressed when I saw them and they got me to laugh for the first time in a long time.

A fish called Wanda
Starts out kinda slow, but really gets going. Kevin Kline was absolutely hysterical as Otto and the showdown scene at the end was priceless. 
"Hey, it's K-K-K-Ken coming to K-K-K_Kill me"

Bull Durham
Why's he calling me meat? I'm the one driving a Porsche.

Feel bad movies are usually those documentaries my wife rents about some injustice some where. I can stay mad all by myself, I don't need any help.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #33 of 47
Feels good, man: Pulp Fiction

Feels bad, man: World's Greatest Dad, The Day After, Requiem For A Dream

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #34 of 47
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #35 of 47

Quote:
bridge8989 said:

crap i change my mind.  City of God is my favorite feel bad movie :]

I don't see how this movie would make you feel bad either. Sure, it's violent, but nothing truly depressing happens.
Quote:
i love depressing movies! :)

my favorite would probably be American Beauty.

He died happy. Not in any way a depressing movie. I actually think there is a lovely sense of catharsis/melancholy in the movie. Requiem is depressing. Earthlings is hard to watch and will make any human feel horrible. How does Apocalypse Now make you feel? Me, bad.

Feel good. Don't know, don't usually watch them.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #36 of 47
Kids selling drugs, murdering each other on the streets? The story of Knockout Ned? He was a peaceful guy til Lil Ze rapes his girlfriend (wife?) and murders his family/relatives. Then he joins the opposing gang to get revenge but ends up getting killed in another revenge ploy against him for killing some other kid's dad or something along those lines.  And the little kid getting shot in the foot the other one in the head?  The overall setting of the film is pretty "feel bad" too, a slum run by crackheads and corrupt cops.  At the end of the movie Lil Ze gets killed and group of kids decide to start a new drug business and a murder list.  I would hardly classify this movie as a 'feel neutral'.

American Beauty - Imo it's also pretty depressing if you find happiness and get killed instantly afterward. 

Requiem for a Dream was too contrived.  Trainspotting was a much better movie about drug addiction.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #40 of 47

Quote:
Taegukgi is also one pretty depressing war movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386064/

the Koreans always like to make highly emotial movies, and this one is pretty harcore...and let's not forget "Johnny got his gun": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067277/

Taegukgi is the best war movie I've ever seen.

Updating my list a bit...
Saddest movie I ever saw: Schindler's List. We saw it in the theater when it came out. It devastated the whole audience. I couldn't even talk for an hour after seeing it.

Funny/happy movie: Caddyshack!

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #43 of 47
Well, I love the two Kill Bill...perfect OST, actors, colorimetry, storyline, Sergio Leone face close ups...can it get any better? I pretty much know both by heart, hah!

and RocknRolla always hits the spot for me, musta watched it +30 times...everything's friggin' perfect! and the lossless TrueHD soundtrack is as 3D as can be on headphones, most delightful.

"oh that is fantastic Counselor, did you have lessons as a boy?" ^^

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #44 of 47
Up was a pretty feel good movie for me.

My ultimate feel bad movie would probly be Pans Labyrinth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back